How can I merge 2 accounts that are being consolidated by broker

F@@@
F@@@ Member ✭✭
Have 2 brokerage accounts that are being consolidated into one of the existing accounts. Is there any way (without going transaction by transaction over 12 years worth) of moving balances and transactions into the new account

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back up your data file.

Use Shares Transferred between Accounts (Enter Transaction button) from the account being merged into the other account.  

That Shares Transferred will do Remove Shares from the closing account and Add Shares into the receiving account.  Any Short positions or cash positions will need separate treatment.  Current assets will be transferred.  All historical transactions will remain in the original account.    
  • F@@@
    F@@@ Member ✭✭
    Thanks. That got them over, but still need to move manually some of the 'historical' information. Fortunately, only a dozen to move.
    You'd think that Quicken would have something better than a cut and paste solution
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you think you need to move the "historical" information?  What sort of information are you referring to?  Generally speaking as I said before, the historical data should remain in the original account in which it took place. 
  • quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭

Will the cost basis information transfer over when you transfer shares from one account to another?

• Hello @quick20,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in November of 2020, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event an escalation is required.

Please be sure to include a detailed description, as well as the version of Quicken you are currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.