Why is my balance column filled with ****? How to I update?

I have a business liability account with ******** in the balance column. All other similar accounts are o.k. I have used the "validate and repair your quicken file" file option after a multiple of upgrades but no change. The only time I use quicken with internet connection is to obtain upgrades. I do not use any on-line/download features to sync with banks or credit card accounts. How to I resolve this?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Woodchuck,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, if you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? If needed, please, review this Community FAQ on how to add a screenshot, or you can also drag and drop a screenshot to your response.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you expand the balance column?  Is it in the register or on a report?  Try dragging the column dividing line at the top to make it bigger.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Yes, widening the column does not work. Excel does the same thing if the column is not wide enough so I have tried that. Even changed the view from two lines to one. Nothing works.
  • Quicken:
    Year 2020
    Version R30.9
    Build 27.1.30.9
  • I was able to resolve my issue. I changed my view to include all dates and scrolled to earliest date where the balance column was good. I began scrolling down until the Asterisks started, opened the split and found a line with asterisks vs a number. (attaching screen shot) I changed '-******' to a zero and saved the transaction. WhaLa the balance now shows correctly up to the latest entry. I don't remember which upgrade this happened on but it has been a few back. (happened when my auto-entry transactions got messed up - that will be another topic).
This discussion has been closed.