Quick Pay and eBills

Two part question. Is there a way to request quicken to add a company to quick pay? Users with Premier are offered 12 quick pay and only 6 check pay. I would like to enable that more, but often see payers not listed there.

Second, I have a payer Southern California Gas where I have both a home and business account. I can't sign in with my business credentials to get it going for that end. Same with my Tesla lease pay account. How to work through these issues. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Greydog9928,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and have not received a follow-up response yet.

It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hello @Greydog9928

1) "Is there a way to request Quicken to add a company to [Quicken Bill Manager as a] Quick Pay [eligible payee]?" 
    Great question! The answer to your question is nuanced.

From your point of view, sorry, no, at this time you can't call up Quicken customer support and say, "Please add ABC Company to be a QBM QP eligible payee."
    (To request/suggest a new feature be added to Quicken, what you can do is create an idea post and add your vote. Our development team frequently uses our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.
    After creating an idea post, be sure to add your own vote as well!)

In the QBM set-up screens, there is a page that mentions ~11,000 companies are eligible to be QP payees. Since the time that article was written, thousands more companies have become QBM QP payee eligible. The list continues to grow yet. The company contacts Quicken and/or our back-end providers to join the list.

On the other hand, you might contact your intended company yourself, and ask them to move forward on this idea.
    I personally had a very pleasant and constructive conversation with a higher-level person at my auto insurance company (I just asked nicely to be put through to the business development department) to ask that they better integrate with Quickens' QBM. The very nice lady at the insurance company listened carefully, she took notes, we discussed the pro and cons - and why they would devote their coders' time to this project. In the end, she agreed to at least fully consider the idea. A short, constructive conversation with the right person sometimes works. But you have to let the company know in the first place, yes?

2 - A) Southern California Gas (www.SoCalGas.com) is on the list. I double checked for you. Whap happens? Do you get an error message at all?
    2 - B ) You can't add Tesla Motors (www.TeslaMotors.com) in QBM as a Quick Pay payee? I checked - they are on the list too. What happens when you try to add Tesla?
    If need be, you are welcome to contact support directly for help. 
  • Greydog9928
    Greydog9928 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks for the reply. I have taken issues up with banks previously but not payees... It just takes a lot of time and nice convincing, sometimes with no measurable effect.

In regard to Southern California Gas, the residential logon account works but not my business account. It just never makes it through the logon process.

For Tesla, it will logon, but if I try to make a payment, I get a weird error message saying this eBill cannot be paid with Quick Pay. Some eBaills cannot be paid with Quick Pay. Most tines this is due to automatic payments you may have scheduled on your biller's website.... This error message has been coming up for a few months after previously being able to make a quick payment.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Greydog9928,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and have not received a follow-up response yet.

It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.