How can I access "Q Premier Stock Evaluator"?

johnsond138
johnsond138 Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Recently upgraded my Q for Mac to Premier. How can I access "Q Premier Stock Evaluator"?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @johnsond138,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing difficulties and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

The Sync instructions you found on the website are Quicken for Windows instructions. Unfortunately, unlike Quicken for Windows, Quicken for Mac does not currently have the ability to sync portfolio data directly to investing.quicken.com.

Therefore, if you wish to use the evaluator, you will need to sign in to investing.quicken.com using your Quicken ID (email) and password associated with your Premier subscription, in order to add/view your portfolio data in the evaluator. However, if you do not already have any portfolios added once you are signed in, then you will need to manually create them due to Quicken for Mac's inability to sync your investing data to the website. 

Since Quicken for Mac, unfortunately, does not have this feature available right now, if you wish to make an official request for this sync feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post and add your vote. Our development team frequently uses our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

I hope this helps, though I do apologize for not having better news to share with you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think you are referring to a feature that is in Quicken Windows (and it doesn't even sound like the right term for that).  Where did you see this feature mentioned?

As far as I know the only features in Quicken Mac Premier are: 

Free online bill payment
    (a $119/year value)*

Priority access to customer support
    (a $49 value)*

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • johnsond138
    johnsond138 Member ✭✭
    Chris I use Quicken for Mac, latest subscription version. Listed below are the steps I go through to demonstrate my question.

On Mac version:
    Window; Securities - select a specific stock; select Security Overview - arrives @ investing.Quicken.com - included is a stock data summary and a “Show Me” button for QUICKEN PREMIER STOCK EVALUATOR (which offers more detailed stock analysis). Clicking on that shows miniscreen examples of the additional analysis available. Also there is a button. QUICKEN PREMIER, to click to create an account if you have Premier. Clicking that leads to “cannot find server”.
    The additional security analysis is what I thought Premier for Mac was going to provide.

A call to the help desk told me to go to: investing.quicken.com and follow the instructions there. Those instructions list how easy it is to transfer my data to Quicken.com so I can use the Evaluator. Their instructions don’t match the Q for Mac screen choices.

Does anyone know if this option works for Mac Premier and if so what do I do?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @johnsond138,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing difficulties and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

The Sync instructions you found on the website are Quicken for Windows instructions. Unfortunately, unlike Quicken for Windows, Quicken for Mac does not currently have the ability to sync portfolio data directly to investing.quicken.com.

Therefore, if you wish to use the evaluator, you will need to sign in to investing.quicken.com using your Quicken ID (email) and password associated with your Premier subscription, in order to add/view your portfolio data in the evaluator. However, if you do not already have any portfolios added once you are signed in, then you will need to manually create them due to Quicken for Mac's inability to sync your investing data to the website. 

Since Quicken for Mac, unfortunately, does not have this feature available right now, if you wish to make an official request for this sync feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post and add your vote. Our development team frequently uses our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

I hope this helps, though I do apologize for not having better news to share with you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.