Bugs on a couple of forms and vanishing credit card accounts

JPLitespeed
JPLitespeed Member
On the Dashboard tab of Investing, the Total Value and Todays Change dollar amounts are a very large font, and chopped off by the grid below them. I use large fonts.

On the Security Detail View form, the drop down for selecting a security does not drop down. If I select the control, I can arrow my way through the list. I like the other changes recently made to this form.

Attempted to turn on mobile and use the android app. After doing that, the next time I did One Step Update my three credit card accounts vanished. Had to restore a backup. My .QDF was started around 1993 so that may have something to do with it.

Comments

• Also, on the Spending tab, regarding the grid on the top right showing the spending by category. The percentage column is off the screen unless the form is pulled really wide. That grid and the other components do not reposition with changing the form width.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JPLitespeed

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using. 

Are you able to capture a screenshot of the UI issues you are seeing?

In regards to the missing accounts-- if you attempt to sync again and the accounts are removed in the backup file, please try resetting the cloud.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Hi Tyka,
    I'm Windows and R30.14. Attached some screenshots. For the security view screen I can just show where the problem control is. You can see which dropdown that doesn't drop. On the spending screen, you can see the percentage column on the right is not visible. If I set Quicken to full screen it will be there. Those controls don't resize or reposition when you size that screen down.
    These are just little things but I decided to start reporting them. Having my Quicken set to large fonts probably has something to do with it. I'm on a 34" monitor set at 3440 x1440.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The failure of the securities menu to open has been reported and has a change request number of CTP-1310. It is definitely display related but does not require Large Fonts to manifest itself.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Additional info after reading CTP-1310: 'Scale and Layout' is at 100% but 'Fix Scaling For Apps' is On. I also go into 'Ease Of Access' and set 'Make Text Bigger' to 120%. With 'Large Fonts' On in Quicken everything looks good and is sized similar to all the other apps on the PC.
  • Well, with R35.23 the issues with the security detail form drop down has been fixed. Also I like the addition of the Split Adjust and Show Activity checkboxes.
This discussion has been closed.