Downloaded transaction not updating in the Register

The downloaded transaction from the Exchange bank .qfx for an <TRNTYPE>CREDIT are not showing in the transaction window.
I found this when I started reconciling the last 6months of a savings account.
I've had to manually enter the last three months of interest ~ but hadn't had problems before that. (Exchange bank upgraded their software earlier this year, and been modifying the <NAME> field to be more meaningful in other account types)
Enclose the register Snip.jpg of the last 4 transactions

Just downloading the interest payments to .QFX and looking at in a text editor (via https://jsonformatter.org/xml-pretty-print) the XLM I see that for the last 3months <FITID> is not changed.

<FITID>000000000000000</FITID>

Could this be causing Quicken to reject them on download.?
(snippet of .qfx shown below - the Preview shows all indents taken out - but I've pasted it looking pretty)

<BANKTRANLIST>
<DTSTART>20200630120000.000[0:GMT]</DTSTART>
<DTEND>20201130120000.000[0:GMT]</DTEND>
<STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>CREDIT</TRNTYPE>
<DTPOSTED>20200630120000.000[0:GMT]</DTPOSTED>
<TRNAMT>0.84</TRNAMT>
<FITID>5096CDB4095063865DF4A47A2B997B24</FITID>
<NAME>INTEREST PAYMENT</NAME>
</STMTTRN>
<STMTTRN>
<DTPOSTED>20200911120000.000[0:GMT]</DTPOSTED>
<TRNAMT>1.13</TRNAMT>
<FITID>000000000000001</FITID>
<NAME>INTEREST PAYMENT 997 INTEREST PA</NAME>
<MEMO>INTEREST PAYMENT 997 INTEREST PAYME NT</MEMO>
</STMTTRN>
<STMTTRN>
<DTPOSTED>20200930120000.000[0:GMT]</DTPOSTED>
<TRNAMT>0.39</TRNAMT>
</STMTTRN>
<STMTTRN>
<DTPOSTED>20201031120000.000[0:GMT]</DTPOSTED>
<TRNAMT>0.26</TRNAMT>
</STMTTRN>
<STMTTRN>
<DTPOSTED>20201130120000.000[0:GMT]</DTPOSTED>
<TRNAMT>0.23</TRNAMT>
</STMTTRN>
</BANKTRANLIST>

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @neilhh20,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Are you receiving any error codes and/or messages that you could provide us with when trying to import the .QFX file(s) downloaded from your financial institution?

In the meantime, if you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a brand new data file as well. 

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account (you can close the Add Account screen after it opens)

Once that is done, try importing a .QFX file and see if you experience the same issue in this test file as well. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• neilhh20
    neilhh20 Member ✭✭
    Hello thanks for the response. The version is 2020 R20.10 27.130.10 - just renewed.
    On doing the test as described above, brand new Qtest2012.QDF - response is the same.
    I'm on Windows10 and for a downloaded qfx from Ex bank its automatically imported to the new Qtest2012.

Setting up an Exchange bank filter field to only download Interest for this year - 6 entries, when downloaded to Quicken, only 4 entries are imported.
    Enclosed jpg snapshots, pretty-pretty qfx as pdf (won't allow .txt)

Two download entries dropped, no visible error code in the download that I can see off. Just missing entries.
    The downloaded I accepted into the register, and then made the Posting Date and Download ID visible.

Should I be reporting this as well to exchange bank that there <FITID> has started becoming non-unique.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @neilhh20

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The FITID is the number that prevents duplicate transactions from being entered into the register.

It would appear that there is an issue with this number of the QFX that prevents the transactions from being entered into Quicken.

I would navigate to Help > Log Files and choose the OFX Log I would then search the OFX log for the FITID of a missing transaction to see if this number has already been assigned by the institution.

This error will need to be brought up to the attention of the financial institution. It can be challenging to escalate issues such as this so you may consider entering the interest transactions manually. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • neilhh20
    neilhh20 Member ✭✭
    Thankyou for the response - I've reported it to the Exchange Bank Customer service.