Quicken Check Pay and Rural Customers [Edited]

Options
RFB
RFB Member ✭✭✭
IMO, The severe 3 check limit on Quicken Bill Pay discriminates against rural users. The reason is that rural customers have less access to on-line billers and cannot use Quick Pay for most local accounts. The smaller business, utilities and county or small city payees do not have, and in many cases cannot afford, big on-line payment services. In a typical month, I can pay only three billers through Quick Pay, but need to write checks for nine local billers, including my water company, the sewer services, the local dump and several others. Worse, I cannot even purchase extra Check Pay services, even at extra cost, so I need to write the checks from my bank and still make duplicate transactions for everything.
Inaugural (Intuit) Quicken user ... still here.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your feedback on the new Quicken Bill Manager.

It has been officially stated and planned that our Teams are hard at work building options for increasing the number of Quick and Check Pay payments available with Quicken Bill Manager.

Please visit the idea post here and bookmark the conversation by selecting the gold star in the top right to be notified via email of any updates.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally my suggestion would be not to even use Quicken Bill Manager.
    There is tons of problems with it, both in Quicken bills not updating, ..., and in the service, people reporting delayed checks and not reporting that something caused it not to go through and such.

Instead use your financial institution's website/bill pay or change to a bank that supports paying bills through Direct Connect, or heavens forbid! actually write a check and put in the mail.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RFB
    RFB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, however my purpose here is not to rag on Quicken. I made the initial post in an effort to make Quicken developers aware of what I perceive as a problem. I want to help make it better. The entire idea behind Quicken was to reduce workload and the potential for errors. So long as we need to make duplicate entries for every bill paid, this goal is not being accomplished. I was an inaugural customer in the Intuit days, and have no intent of changing now.
  • faster
    faster Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I've been riding along with Quicken/Intuit for over 20 years and I too feel the pain of the ridiculous limit of payments. I've moved every payment I can to electronic auto payments but this just doesn't work for a rural area. I hate to change but I am shopping for a new software to use. [removed - no soliciting]  Quicken needs to revise this limit.
  • RFB
    RFB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @faster said:
    " I hate to change but I am shopping for a new software to use. [removed - no soliciting]  Quicken needs to revise this limit."

Sorry to say that there is nothing better out there. Quicken was the first to enter this arena, and they have constantly strived to improve integration and ease overheads for the customer. That said, the problem they face is a daunting one that includes the sticky areas of fee-related check writing and vendor payment for eBilling overheads. The need to pay for the overheads and still make some modicum of profit for the company. The simple fact is that the entire concept of online billing and payment is heavily skewed to large population centers with large transaction volumes. A "one size fits all" pricing model is never going to work for those of us that live in rural areas. Most of our vendors will never be able to afford the fees or overheads that come with eBilling. Out best hope is that Quicken will at sometime offer larger "Check Pay" at some sort of bulk discount.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your feedback on the new Quicken Bill Manager.

It has been officially stated and planned that our Teams are hard at work building options for increasing the number of Quick and Check Pay payments available with Quicken Bill Manager.

Please visit the idea post here and bookmark the conversation by selecting the gold star in the top right to be notified via email of any updates.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RFB
    RFB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    A brief update. For this month passed, I was able to pay 6 bills thru QuickPay, 3 (the limit) thru CheckPay and 4 electronic from my bank (they are not supported on QuickPay), and 9 via paper checks from my bank BillPay.
  • RFB
    RFB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sadly, I have been forced to abandon efforts to use CheckPay. The 3 check limit was just too severe. Additionally, even though the bills were paid in a timely manner, the time to clear the check back to my bank and post the charge was not. In some cases it took two weeks for the CheckPay check to clear and post in my bank. My small community bank does not offer Bank BillPay, so I am back to entering every check transaction twice -- once on the bank website and once in Quicken. Maybe someday . . .
This discussion has been closed.