Payee Quickfill problem if Hidden or transaction is a Transfer (Q Mac)

2»

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I actually prefer to hide my transfer column altogether, but I've noticed that the transfer column adds this cool little arrow icon to jump you to the other side of the transfer.  Is there any way to jump to the other side of the transfer if the transfer column is hidden?
    @Scott Rose No, there's no other shortcut. Please add your vote to the Idea thread requesting a keyboard shortcut for this (like Command-[ in Quicken 2007).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bonski
    bonski Member
    I am employing an alternative work-around to the problem..

Firstly, I am using subscription version 5.18.2 on macOS 10.12.6.
    (Build 518.35919.100)

The principle problem involves using QuickFill Rules that meet either of the two conditions:
    (1) unsplit / single line transaction that is a Transfer
    (2) split transaction where the first line is a Transfer.

And to prove these worked, I operated on a copy of my accounts files before incorporating into my prime file.

>> To Address (1), this is what I did:

A. Create a new Category named "Dummy", as an expense (I suspect that expense or income does not matter).

B. Edit the QuickFill rule by splitting it:
    - from the first line, Cut the each field of date from the first line, then Paste into the respective field of the second line..
    - into the (now) empty first line, make an entry with category "Dummy" and zero value.
    Save.

>> To use the amended QuickFill Rule...

In the register, create a New transaction as you use to, and select the QuickFill Rule as you used to...
    .the transaction will auto-create a split transaction with the first Dummy line...
    (-) delete the Dummy line
    complete the valuation of the transfer as you would have normally, then
    <Enter>

>> For each remaining QuickFill Rule that meets (1), perform (B).
    ------------------------
    >> To address (2), this is what I did to the QuickFill Rule:
    C. Edit the QuickFill Rule so that the transfer operation appears on a line Other than first, then Save.

> > To use the amended QuickFill Rule...

In the register, create a New transaction as you use to, and select the QuickFill Rule as you used to...
    the transfer line will appear in a different order than in the past.

>> For each remaining QuickFill Rule that meets (2), perform (C).

I hope this helped...
    bonski
  • bonski
    bonski Member
    (This Post corrects a material typographic error I introduced into the earlier Post. .. see the entries with double-asterisks**. Instead of describing the fix to the errors, I chose to post the fixed entry in its entirety. I invite the moderators to delete the earlier post as it is superfluous...thank you).

I am employing an alternative work-around to the problem..

Firstly, I am using subscription version 5.18.2 on macOS 10.12.6.
    (Build 518.35919.100)

The principle problem involves using QuickFill Rules that meet either of the two conditions:
    (1) unsplit / single line transaction that is a Transfer
    (2) split transaction where the first line is a Transfer.

And to prove these worked, I operated on a copy of my accounts files before incorporating into my prime file.

>> To Address (1), this is what I did:

A. Create a new Category named "Dummy", as an expense (I suspect that expense or income does not matter).

B. Edit the QuickFill rule by splitting it:
    - from the first line, Cut the each field of **data** from the first line, then Paste into the respective field of **data on** the second line..
    - into the (now) empty first line, make an entry with category "Dummy" and zero value.
    Save.

>> To use the amended QuickFill Rule...

.the transaction will auto-create a split transaction with the first Dummy line...
    (-) delete the Dummy line
    complete the valuation of the transfer as you would have normally, then
    <Enter>

>> For each remaining QuickFill Rule that meets (1), perform (B).
    ------------------------
    >> To address (2), this is what I did to the QuickFill Rule:
    C. Edit the QuickFill Rule so that the transfer operation appears on a line Other than first, then Save.

> > To use the amended QuickFill Rule...

the transfer line will appear in a different order than in the past.

>> For each remaining QuickFill Rule that meets (2), perform (C).

I hope this helped...
    bonski
  • Joel
    Joel Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I'm having the same issue.
  • Eric Tiffany
    Eric Tiffany Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    The workaround fails utterly if you happen to use the tab key to move between fields. [Removed-Unhelpful/Disruptive]
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Eric Tiffany  The work-around I posted above specifically says it only works if you click on the Payee name in the Best Matches list, following by clicking (not tabbing) into another field. Of course it's not perfect -- there's a bug -- this is a way to work around it until the developers fix the bug. I know some people prefer to keep their hands on the keyboard; this requires clicking -- a minor inconvenience -- if you want your auto-fills for transfer transactions to work for the time being. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • tom21
    tom21 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    In some recent upgrade Quicken stopped filling the Transfer field in Quickfill. In fact it is not even possible to create new Quickfill rules that do transfers. This seems to be a senseless feature deletion. The Quickfill feature has become somewhat buggy in general. When I now go and manually enter in the transfer field the category field gets cleared so I have to go back and refill it.
  • tom21
    tom21 Member ✭✭
    I'll just suffer for a while until it is fixed. It certainly looks like a regression, and I see a number of different bugs with QuickFill being reported here with the newest version. So I'm hoping for a speedy repair.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING 10/23/2020

There is no ETA.

CTP-1137
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING 11/16/2020

There is no ETA.

CTP-1137
    ~~~***~~~