'QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review Error' ? "Can't Load Message Template" (Q Mac)

CAPPY
CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
Anyone else getting this error notice? Just started today...

Best Answers

• UPSteve
    UPSteve Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Mine is fixed now- no error post-sync, clean exit.

I got a suggestion to resync my cloud data, which apparently wiped the cloud dataset and restored it from my local machine's dataset. Took a while but now it's working as expected. (As of about an hour ago, 1pm Eastern time.)
  • skmcmains
    skmcmains Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Resyncing the cloud data worked. Go to preferences, connected services, reset the cloud account!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @absaroka

In order to reset your cloud data you'll want to have the Quicken program open when you're resetting the cloud data. This option is not available on the website/mobile.  I'll leave the steps below on how to do so.
    1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset
    Once you've done this let us know if you're still receiving the error.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting and sharing the details of this error with the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I'm glad that we've found a workaround to this error by resetting the cloud data, however that is just a work-around and I'd like our Teams to investigate this behavior further.

I've opened a ticket with our Development and Product teams and encourage any Users who would like to add their information to this open investigation to please again attempt to submit a Report a Problem.

In the subject line please enter Attn: CTP-1528 in the subject line, select the box for each file listed and when ready click Send to Quicken.

You will not receive a response to this submission, however the provided logs will be added to the open ticket.

Thank you,

Sarah

(CTP-1528)
  • Quicken Dan
    Quicken Dan Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    jacobs said:
    @Quicken Dan  Can you clarify whether the “QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review” bug that many people have experienced (and is the original topic of this thread! ;) ) has been addressed in the latest 6.1 release? Or is the not yet fixed, and you're still looking for people who experience this problem to submit their logs?
    I'm afraid I don't know.  I'm not at all familiar with that one, but it looks like the issue ID noted above is still open.  I suspect that the feedback submittal problem was blocking the ability to collect enough information to troubleshoot, but I haven't been involved with this one.  I'll ask around.  

I should note that the most valuable logs are going to be those collected immediately after the problem occurs for the first time.  The more time that passes, the more likely that the important log entries will be overwritten by newer ones.

I'm told that we believe this issue to be fixed in 6.1.  I don't know whether datasets already in this state will self-recover or if they need to be reset, but there should be no new occurrences.

Answers

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
  • Jerry
    Jerry Member ✭✭
    I have received the same error for 2 days now
  • atxabp
    atxabp Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. Anytime I try to perform an update of online account data, I get the error message. If I click "Update Now" as suggested, Quicken hangs and ends up requiring a "Force Quit"
  • atxabp
    atxabp Member ✭✭
    Correction ... if I click on "Update Now", the messages just keep appearing. If I click on the email icon for "Report errors", then Quicken crahses.
  • Mike Cockayne
    Mike Cockayne Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here for the last two days.
    Could we get some tech help here please.

Many thanks
  • UPSteve
    UPSteve Member ✭✭
    Yup, same here. I think it's since the last update. The good news is that data is successfully syncing both ways. My hunch:

Error message I get is:

Problem with displaying a message: can’t load message template
    “QuickFilleRulesResetError_review”

(Yes, I typed that correctly.)

I’m guessing it’s a typo in the coding (the “e” which follows Fill) that is trying to load
    “QuickFilleRulesResetError_review” instead of
    “QuickFillRulesResetError_review” (without the "e" following Fill)

Steve
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    I contacted Quicken Help via chat, sent an error report yesterday   And  I started a case to get this issue accelerated up the chain of Quicken Support!
  • UPSteve
    UPSteve Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Mine is fixed now- no error post-sync, clean exit.

I got a suggestion to resync my cloud data, which apparently wiped the cloud dataset and restored it from my local machine's dataset. Took a while but now it's working as expected. (As of about an hour ago, 1pm Eastern time.)
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Have not tried the cloud resync yet.... This is what I just got back from a Chat session re my case #T8174269:  "yes there are a lot of users getting the issue so this may be solved on the next release of the program"  plus    "at the moment there is no any work around yet so it will be necessary to go to help > report a problem so the development team can be aware of the situation and fix it as soon as it is possible"

• UPSteve
    UPSteve Member ✭✭
    Thanks for relaying this info, Cappy!
  • larsoncjl
    larsoncjl Member ✭✭
    Since updating to 6.0.3 I cannon sync to my bank accounts without an error message. "Problem with displaying a message: can't load message template "QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review". Update does not fix, Report Error will not send.
  • krgraham
    krgraham Mac Beta Beta
    I received messages "Problem with displaying a message: can't load message template "QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review" so I clicked Report a problem... button which collected data including my screenshot but when I click button to send to Quicken I get the error "An unexpected error occurred while sending your feedback report." Multiple attempts failed although I am clearly connected to the internet!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @krgraham

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report these issues.

The first issue, the "QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review"  is a sync error. I would start by resetting the cloud to see if this corrects the issue.

RESET THE CLOUD DATA THROUGH THE DESKTOP PROGRAM

2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset.
    In regards to being unable to submit a problem report, please check the following things.

First, if you are using a VPN I would recommend disabling it and attempting to send the report.

Next, please navigate to Quicken > Sign out and sign out and sign back in.

If that is not the issue, I would next recommend uninstalling and reinstalling, and attempting to send the report once more.

Please let us know what you find and if any of these steps work so we can investigate the issue further.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There are a number of reports of this new error in the past few weeks. Here's one thread about it:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884777/quickfillerulesreseterror-review-error-cant-load-message-template

@Quicken_Tyka In this comment, a user states this was documented in a  Support session. Do you have any way to look to see if this has been entered as a confirmed/known bug?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jacobs

Thank you for flagging this post. I have seen a few reports of this so far however resetting the cloud seems to be correcting the issue from what I've seen.

A support ticket was created, however, an official bug report has not been opened just yet. Support recommended that the user attempt to sync at a later time to rule out the issue being a temporary error.

The error is on my radar and if a bug ticket is opened I will be sure to update any threads that mention it.

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • BlueWavesDesign
    BlueWavesDesign Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    [Removed - Duplicate/Rant]
  • BlueWavesDesign
    edited December 2020
    [Removed - Duplicate/Rant]
  • > @atxabp said:
    > Correction ... if I click on "Update Now", the messages just keep appearing. If I click on the email icon for "Report errors", then Quicken crahses.

SAME.
  • BlueWavesDesign
    edited December 2020
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @jacobs
    >
    > Thank you for flagging this post. I have seen a few reports of this so far however resetting the cloud seems to be correcting the issue from what I've seen.
    >
    > A support ticket was created, however, an official bug report has not been opened just yet. Support recommended that the user attempt to sync at a later time to rule out the issue being a temporary error.
    >
    > The error is on my radar and if a bug ticket is opened I will be sure to update any threads that mention it.
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka 

I get this message on [every sync]. This is a [known issue]. [Removed - Rant] I cannot easily report because then Q crashes. [Removed - Disruptive/Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • jacobs
    @BlueWavesDesign  I understand your frustration! I can't speak for Quicken or Tyka, but I can share my observations of why this situation exists.

It's my understanding that site moderators like Tyka cannot submit bugs to the developers until/unless they are able to reproduce them. There's some logic to this -- but the system falls short in my opinion. If you read this forum, you will see that hundreds of people post reporting bugs, and most of them turn out not to be bugs: they're user error, user misunderstanding, or users wanting the software to work in a way it wasn't designed to and labeling it a bug.

So Quicken has their frontline people, like the moderators here, and I'm guessing their customer service reps on phone and chat, only able to pass on things that they are able to document. The same goes for the Report a Problem feature in the program: some customer support triage person reviews the submissions, and if they are vague or unreproducible, they don't get passed on. While this helps weed out the false cries of bugs, it also knocks out the toughest bugs -- the ones that are sporadic or not easy to reproduce because they're tied to very specific data.

And yes, this turns customers and the front-line Quicken support people into software sleuths on the toughest types of bugs. Some get documented and pushed to Quicken's bug database, and some do not get pinned down and don't. This is a good example of the latter. As Tyka wrote above, a bug report has not been filed because they weren't able to pin down the exact circumstances which cause this error to occur.

You (and other users) say "Quicken needs to fix the issue!", but the problem is that they have scattered reports of an error and don't know why some users are experiencing it. It's hard to fix an issue you can't reproduce. In my opinion, there should be some category of bugs they know are occurring but can't reproduce on demand that need to involve a developer to try to hunt down. My guess is that the development team is small enough that they don't have the resources to assign things to developers to spend hours or days trying to find. I've done software development work, and worked with software developers on creating and testing software, and I know that some bugs are like looking for a needle in a haystack unless you have enough information to target your hunt in a very specific area.

I'm just a fellow Quicken user, so I can't explain the full inner workings of the company. In this area of bug reporting and solving, while on the one hand I understand the obstacles they face and the limitations of a finite and small number of programmers, I think on the other hand that their system has some maddening holes in it which, at times, leave customers frustrated at their inaction.

• jacobs
    Frustrating the Quicken HELP expects us to continually file error reports on KNOWN ERRORS. Seems the development team IS AWARE so a zillion more reports can only take them more time. They should simply FIX THE ISSUE at this point.
    I wrote a longer reply to your post in another thread about bugs, but it's quite possible the development team is actually not aware of the issue, and if they're not aware, it's of course not getting fixed. It would be great to have one of the Quicken Mac software developers read this thread and dive in to looking for the cause, but that's just not the way it works. They don't read these threads, and if the moderators and the support representatives who read the Report a Problem submissions can't gather enough information to reproduce the problem on demand, it does not get pushed to the developers. More user bug reports sometimes does give them enough data to pinpoint why a problem is occurring in specific circumstances that are difficult to find otherwise.

I'm not defending the way Quicken works, just trying to explain. I feel there are holes in their system of gathering and working on reported bugs, so I share the frustration. I also realize the limitations are most likely economic: they don't have enough developers to investigate every bug report, until they have enough information to point them in the right direction.
  • skmcmains
    skmcmains Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Resyncing the cloud data worked. Go to preferences, connected services, reset the cloud account!
  • twoaussie
    twoaussie Member ✭✭
    Thanks skmcmains worked for me
  • absaroka
    absaroka Member ✭✭
    The error I receive is: Problem with displaying message:can't load message template "Quick file e Rules Reset Error Reset Error_Review". I says to click update button to correct but it still says the same error. I am running Quicken for Mac 2020. I was wondering if there is something I need to do. I have been getting this error the past week or so. Thank you in advance for any help you could give.
  • absaroka
    absaroka Member ✭✭
    How do I resynck cloud data? Where do I go to preferences, connected service, reset cloud account. Where is this located is this on Quicken.com?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @absaroka

In order to reset your cloud data you'll want to have the Quicken program open when you're resetting the cloud data. This option is not available on the website/mobile.  I'll leave the steps below on how to do so.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset
    Once you've done this let us know if you're still receiving the error.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    The iCloud reset did correct the "Quick file e Rules Reset Error Reset Error_Review" error notice.... Thank you, but my sync to mobile balances do not match?

• Bruce West
    Bruce West Member ✭✭
    Resetting cloud data cleared up this error message for me. But, I've needed to do it several times, days apart. Has Quicken (Mac) gotten buggy?
  • n8sabes
    n8sabes Member ✭✭
    I'm also getting this buggy behavior on Quicken for Mac Version 6.0.3.

Resetting Cloud Account in Connected Services seems to resolve the issue as mentioned in Quicken Francisco post, above.
  • Larry Ward
    Larry Ward Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Error after account update since 1/8/21. I try to update, report to Quicken, enail Quicken- nothing goes through! Error from clipboard:
    name: (null)
    email: (null)
    date: 2021-01-09 09:01:18 (America/Phoenix)
    date: 2021-01-09 16:01:18 (GMT)
    date: 2021-01-09 08:01:18 (PST)
    Product: Quicken
    Version: 6.0.3
    Build: 600.37136.100
    Sync: Enabled
    Cloud status: 32
    Intuit user id: 1010102695
    Mint data set name: (null)
    Mint data set id: (null)
    QCS user name: [Removed-Privacy]
    QCS user id: 66627985444196096
    QCS data set name: Ward Family's Finances
    QCS data set id: 199122344211972098
    CC user id: 1317170167
    QCS file name: Ward Family's Finances.quicken
    QCS file Id: 199122344279080960
    Client file name: Ward Family's Finances.quicken
    Client file Id: 84256BF8-0299-48CA-A6F8-EAD4D4D7BA97

errors count: 1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    error #1
    level: 5 (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
    Quicken can't update Quickfill rule (memorized-rule) for: ATM

suggestion:
    Reset Rule.

system description:

response:
    {
    "code" : 400,
    "errors" : [
    {
    "httpStatus" : 400,
    "code" : "QCS-0400-4",
    "title" : "The referenced resource (parameter=splitItem.id, id=222907021433941762) does not exist.",
    "extData" : {
    "parameterName" : "splitItem.id",
    "parameterValue" : "222907021433941762"
    }
    }
    ],
    "resource" : {
    "status" : "ERROR",
    "clientId" : "C88E8FC3-CDAB-46FD-91BE-425D9635EFB7"
    }
    }

request:
    {
    "clientId" : "C88E8FC3-CDAB-46FD-91BE-425D9635EFB7",
    "userModifiedAt" : "2020-05-27T18:20:07Z",
    "amount" : 260,
    "payee" : "ATM",
    "memo" : "",
    "isExcludedFromCalendar" : false,
    "isNotEditableByTransactions" : 0,
    "split" : {
    "items" : [
    {
    "amount" : 195,
    "id" : "222907021433941762",
    "clientId" : "F87C65FB-C9B3-41BD-AF88-0DAFC87754EB",
    "tags" : [

],
    "coa" : {
    "id" : "199122347231870976",
    "type" : "CATEGORY"
    }
    },
    {
    "amount" : 20,
    "id" : "222907021433941764",
    "clientId" : "C11EBACE-73F6-44CC-A621-CDB43D676077",

],
    }
    },
    {
    "amount" : 45,
    "id" : "222907021433941766",
    "clientId" : "7CE934AB-B7DC-4926-A9C4-C55A590DB3DE",

],
    }
    }
    ]
    },
    "id" : "0",
    "type" : "N\/A"
    },
    "transactionType" : "DEPOSIT"
    }

rule:
    <QuickFillRule: 0x6000055df2f0> (entity: QuickFillRule; id: 0x155d03c8ce46c215 <x-coredata://C7493825-F3E2-45C9-9B5B-8132B326E34D/QuickFillRule/p375>; data: {
    amount = 0;
    creationTimestamp = "2020-04-22 22:25:51 +0000";
    dataSource = nil;
    deletionCount = 0;
    guid = "C88E8FC3-CDAB-46FD-91BE-425D9635EFB7";
    isNotEditableByTransactions = 0;
    lastUsedTimestamp = "2020-05-27 18:20:07 +0000";
    markAsCleared = 0;
    memo = "";
    modificationTimestamp = "2021-01-09 16:01:11 +0000";
    neverAutoCategorize = nil;
    payeeName = ATM;
    quickenId = 375;
    splitEntries = (
    "0x155d03c8fd06c2f5 <x-coredata://C7493825-F3E2-45C9-9B5B-8132B326E34D/QuickFillRuleSplitEntry/p442>",
    "0x155d03c8fdc6c2f5 <x-coredata://C7493825-F3E2-45C9-9B5B-8132B326E34D/QuickFillRuleSplitEntry/p441>",
    "0x155d03c8fd46c2f5 <x-coredata://C7493825-F3E2-45C9-9B5B-8132B326E34D/QuickFillRuleSplitEntry/p443>"
    );
    syncID = nil;
    transactionType = "";
    useForDownloadedTransactions = 0;
    })
This discussion has been closed.