'QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review Error' ? "Can't Load Message Template" (Q Mac)

Options
2»

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Larry Ward  since you found this thread, did you try the suggested solution posted above, which has seemed to work for everyone else so far?

If you did, and it's still not working, post back to describe what version of Quicken you're using, what version of macOS, and exactly what you're doing in Quicken and what error messages you're encountering.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • khassig
    khassig Member
    Options
    problem with displaying a message; can't load message template
    "QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review".

Have been getting this error ever since you required an update at the beginning of the year. Would really like it gone.
    Kathy
  • jacobs
    Options
    This bug has been reported by a number of people, and the solution that has seemed to work for everyone who has posted about it is this:
    1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset
    Hopefully that will resolve it for you for now, and they'll fix the underlying cause of this bug in a future release.
  • higgz
    higgz Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    When I update my accounts online, I have recently got this message although all my accounts downloaded the latest transactions correctly.

"QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review"
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @higgz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    I recommend that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences...
    3. Connected Services
    4. Click Reset 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I have same issue. I try to report a problem, and i get error; Unable to send report to Quicken. Please try again. Yes, I try again and again. Nope.

• Randy 415
    Options
    Resetting quicken cloud fixed my issue with not being able to report a problem to quicken. I don't even use quicken cloud... I had to enable it, reset it, and it worked. I am now going to turn it off, so it does not trash my data.

• Randy 415
    Options
    I turned on my quicken sync. I then reset my quicken cloud data. That fixed my problem. I then reported the problem (different problem). I now am going to turn off quicken cloud as i do not use it, and I do not want it to trash my data as it has done in the recent past.

• qlzsuri
    qlzsuri Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am seeing the same error message.  I am on: 
    Version 6.0.3 (Build 600.37136.100)

It really looks like there is a typo there -- QuickFille, not QuickFill or QuickFilled.

A little nervous about doing the reset.  Maybe later today.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @qlzsuri,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for adding to this discussion to let us know you are experiencing this same issue.

The cloud reset should not affect any data saved within your data file. However, if you are still nervous about it, I suggest that you save a backup prior to performing the reset by navigating to File > Save a backup. This way, should anything go wrong, you will be able to revert back to your data from before the Cloud was reset.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• qlzsuri
    qlzsuri Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Anja, 

I did the reset, and that seems to have fixed the problem!  I will post again if it recurs.

Thank you for your help!

• qlzsuri
    qlzsuri Member ✭✭
    Options
    Argh.  That caused some old transactions to get loaded again (ones I had previously resolved.  I will need to merge the duplicates.)  These duplicate transactions came from 2 Citibank accounts.
  • higgz
    higgz Member ✭✭
    Options
    The fix worked for me. Many thanks for the quick response.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you both for the update! I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue for you. :)

qlzsuri said:
    Argh.  That caused some old transactions to get loaded again (ones I had previously resolved.  I will need to merge the duplicates.)  These duplicate transactions came from 2 Citibank accounts.
    @qlzsuri for the duplication issue that occurred, my guess is that this should only be a one-time occurrence that was likely triggered by the reset. I suggest keeping an eye out on your next download session.

If you notice it downloads duplicates again, please don't hesitate to reach back out so we can further investigate that issue.

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting and sharing the details of this error with the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I'm glad that we've found a workaround to this error by resetting the cloud data, however that is just a work-around and I'd like our Teams to investigate this behavior further.

I've opened a ticket with our Development and Product teams and encourage any Users who would like to add their information to this open investigation to please again attempt to submit a Report a Problem.

In the subject line please enter Attn: CTP-1528 in the subject line, select the box for each file listed and when ready click Send to Quicken.

You will not receive a response to this submission, however the provided logs will be added to the open ticket.

Thank you,

Sarah

(CTP-1528)
  • pamgraham1
    Options
    How do I resolve the error message, "Problem with displaying a message: can't read message template "QuickFillRulesResetError_Review".? When I click on "Update Now", nothing happens.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @pamgraham1  As stated above in this thread, you can clear the error by pulling down the Quicken menu to Preferences and clicking on the Connected Services tab. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset.
  • jcgraff
    jcgraff Member
    Options
    Hi, I tried to do as Sarah asked near the top of this thread and report a problem to Quicken Development team to her attention, but even after resetting connected services successfully and even restarting Quicken, the report a problem feature is not sending, so I am posting here for Sarah to pass on the issue to developers.

Attn: CTP-1528
    Sarah, I am reporting the problem with syncing that produces a “QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review” message each time I try to sync since December. You requested on Quicken support this month that all with this problem report it to your attention so you could go to the developers. Click “Update Now” to resolve all errors." Clicking that makes the pop up go away for 3-5 seconds, then it comes back no matter how many times I click update now. So, I have to click “I’ll check it later”. Wasn’t able to send an error report within that popup box. However, searching online I found discussion of the bug, and resetting connected services did fix the problem, but during the reset I got a transaction sync error that said it had a problem syncing a transaction. I clicked Update Now on that problem, the process completed. I have sync’d several times successfully since then. I have restarted the computer.

Tried using "report a problem" to the Quicken development team within Quicken as requested after fixing the sync issue today, but got the popup “an unexpected error occurred while sending your feedback report, please verify you are connected to the internet”. My internet connection is fine, so I quit Quicken and tried several times, including turning off sending a screenshot as well as other files I had attached. That also did not allow me to send.
  • Quicken Dan
    Quicken Dan Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Regarding the issues with "report a problem" on QuickenMac, one of our beta testers brought this to my attention in the context of working on another problem, and after some investigation we were able to find and correct two issues that were causing "report a problem" to fail.  We fixed the big one in v6.1 (which is slowly rolling out now), and the other smaller one is coming in a patch any day now.  So, while this doesn't solve the problem this thread is ABOUT, at least it should make gathering the data easier.  

as for which items to select, they are _all_ important in their own ways (they each carry a different kind of information), so unchecking some of them only makes the report less useful to us.  There should no longer be any need to uncheck any of them (I hope!).

@jacobs yes it's true, we're a small team, and while I try to pop my head in here from time to time, we do rely on the forum moderators and care agents to surface issues to us when there seems to be enough information to give us a chance at understanding it.

• jacobs
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @Quicken Dan  Can you clarify whether the “QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review” bug that many people have experienced (and is the original topic of this thread! ;) ) has been addressed in the latest 6.1 release? Or is the not yet fixed, and you're still looking for people who experience this problem to submit their logs?
  • Quicken Dan
    edited January 2021
    Options
    jacobs said:
    @Quicken Dan  Can you clarify whether the “QuickFilleRulesResetError_Review” bug that many people have experienced (and is the original topic of this thread! ;) ) has been addressed in the latest 6.1 release? Or is the not yet fixed, and you're still looking for people who experience this problem to submit their logs?
    I'm afraid I don't know.  I'm not at all familiar with that one, but it looks like the issue ID noted above is still open.  I suspect that the feedback submittal problem was blocking the ability to collect enough information to troubleshoot, but I haven't been involved with this one.  I'll ask around.  

I should note that the most valuable logs are going to be those collected immediately after the problem occurs for the first time.  The more time that passes, the more likely that the important log entries will be overwritten by newer ones.

• Quicken Dan
    Answer ✓
    Options
    jacobs said:
    I'm afraid I don't know.  I'm not at all familiar with that one, but it looks like the issue ID noted above is still open.  I suspect that the feedback submittal problem was blocking the ability to collect enough information to troubleshoot, but I haven't been involved with this one.  I'll ask around.  

I should note that the most valuable logs are going to be those collected immediately after the problem occurs for the first time.  The more time that passes, the more likely that the important log entries will be overwritten by newer ones.

I'm told that we believe this issue to be fixed in 6.1.  I don't know whether datasets already in this state will self-recover or if they need to be reset, but there should be no new occurrences.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @Quicken Dan  That's great news that the problem was found and fixed. Thanks for checking this out with the team and reporting back. Much appreciated!
  • Karla
    Karla Member
    Options
    > @"Quicken Sarah" said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for reporting and sharing the details of this error with the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > I'm glad that we've found a workaround to this error by resetting the cloud data, however that is just a work-around and I'd like our Teams to investigate this behavior further.
    >
    > I've opened a ticket with our Development and Product teams and encourage any Users who would like to add their information to this open investigation to please again attempt to submit a Report a Problem.
    >
    > In the subject line please enter Attn: CTP-1528 in the subject line, select the box for each file listed and when ready click Send to Quicken.
    >
    > You will not receive a response to this submission, however the provided logs will be added to the open ticket.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah
    >
    > (CTP-1528)

How do we contact you with this issue? I'm now on Version 6.0.3 (Build 600.37136.100) and am still receiving this error message when I go to sync. I've reset my cloud file and still have the issue.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @Karla  I'm a fellow users and not on the Quicken development team, but I can note that we haven't heard of other users seeing the error recur after resetting cloud services as you say you are. The real fix for the problem is supposed to be embedded in the newer version 6.1.x software, which will pop up as an available update in the near future. If you wish, you should be able to get the update immediately by selecting Check for Updates on the Quicken menu. You may still need to reset your cloud services again, but then it supposedly shouldn't recur. If it does happen again after you update to 6.1.1 and reset, post back in this thread.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello all,

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue. A fix for this issue has been included in the 6.1.1 release.

If you have not done so already, please navigate to Quicken > Check for Updates and install the 6.1.1 release if you have not done so already.

Please let us know your experience with the new release and if this corrects the sync error.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.