Coinbase CC-503

From searching the Community, I have found that we are being pushed to Quicken Support. However, the rep I spoke with asked me to contact Coinbase Support to find out if -

1. Do you accept direct connect connections?

2. If you need any of authentication for a 3rd party app?

Since Coinbase is listed in as a valid Financial Institution for download, is this not information that Quicken Support should already have? At this point, I feel I'm reinventing the wheel and doing Intuits job for them.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @jmclagan

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you were having. I was taking a look at coinbase to see what could be causing the issue and after taking a look at the logs it sounds like you may need to have an API key added to the account inside of coinbases settings first to be able to add the accounts but I'm not certain. I am currently testing this but API keys take 48 ours to activate so I won't be able to get back to you for a bit. Once I get the chance to try connecting again I'll let you know if I'm able to make any progress.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Yes - API key and Password allow you to connect to Coinbase, which is great. But, we are unable to download the transactions. Each wallet/account is unsupported in Quicken - error message
    Account - BTC Wallet Unsupported
    Type - * Unsupported
    Action - Don't add to Quicken

Will Crypto currencies be supported in the near future?
  • jfadams52
    jfadams52 Member
    edited January 2021
    I have tried to setup Coinbase in Quicken and get user/password error. [Removed - Rant]
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmclagan said:

Since Coinbase is listed in as a valid Financial Institution for download.
    @jmclagan

I don't really understand your comment above.  Exactly where is Coinbase listed as a "valid" FI for downloading?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coinbase is listed in the fidir.  I've never attempted a connection because I'm not active as a trader and extremely gun-shy about EWC.

57876    57876    57876    Coinbase - Bitcoin Wallet    http://www.coinbase.com    888-908-7930    https://coinbase.com/signin    ACTIVE                   BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA

66205    66205    66205    Coinbase - Bitcoin Wallet - Canada    http://www.coinbase.com    888-908-7930    https://coinbase.com/signin    ACTIVE                   BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT    NOT_QBP    NA

• edinsac
    edinsac Member ✭✭
    Just attempted to set up Quicken to connect to my Coinbase account and I'm having the same issue - first I get a message that the Coinbase website is not responding, then (on the second attempt) I get a message that the Coinbase website is saying that my credentials are not correct (they are correct). Can we have a fix for this? Seems like the online banking stuff is not being well-supported in Quicken, I've also recently had an issue with not being able to pull a new loan account from my credit union that has been supported by Quicken for years. Support told me it's a known issue but gave no ETA for the fix.
  • adamcm21
    adamcm21 Member
    Does anyone know how to make the API from coinbase work yet?
  • fjsingel
    fjsingel Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. Bump
  • jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    > @amhanas84 said:
    > Yes - API key and Password allow you to connect to Coinbase, which is great.

You got further than I did in this. I have tried over the last week and now receive a CC-502 error when making the connection. I even tried a new datafile and get the same result.
  • jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    @jmclagan
    >
    > I don't really understand your comment above.  Exactly where is Coinbase listed as a "valid" FI for downloading?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the clarification.
    >
    > Frankx

Hi @Frankx

When you add an account or setup download for an existing account, you can do a search for your financial institution. When you seach for "Coinbase", you get the option of Coinbase - Bitcoin Wallet or Coinbase - Bitcoin Wallet - Canada. This denotes that downloading should be available from the institution, thus making it "valid".
  • jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    It seems everyone is having the same issue with Coinbase / Quicken. I believe Francisco was on the right track with creating an API key in your account, but I think this would be an issue with how Quicken is communicating with Coinbase servers. This coupled with the fact that Quicken is still unable to go more than 6 digits in the number of shares held has led me to believe that Quicken is not ready for crypto.

I instead have chosen create a Coinbase investing account to do my transfers for purchases/redemptions and an Excel spreadsheet to handle the rest. Considering how long crypto has been around, the lack of knowledge of any of this by support staff and the fact we are now paying a subscription model annually, I personally feel this to be a big step backwards at a higher cost.

Cheers,

John
  • danlapin
    danlapin Member ✭✭✭
    Hello! I'm trying to add a coinbase account for crypto and I'm unable to add. I get notification that if "I mistyped the login", however, when I go to coinbase.com I had not problem login in.

Thank you in advance
  • jfadams52
    jfadams52 Member
    edited February 2021
    [Removed - Rant]
This discussion has been closed.