Reconcile Account Function Issues With Accounts Set-Up in Others Currencies Than USD & CAD

DanlR
DanlR Member ✭✭
Hi there, I'm still unable to manually reconcile my accounts set-up in EUR. As soon as I enter the statement ending balance of the account in the box and click on it, it disappears and the box becomes blank. I experienced this issue for more than a year now but was able to turn it around changing the EUR currency in any other one to get the reconciliation done and then reset the account's currency to EUR but lately this trick doesn't work either anymore. My Quicken version is Version 6.0.3 (Build 600.37136.100) and my macOS is 11.1. Can anyone help me fixing my issue ? Thanks and Happy Holidays. Best. Daniel

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @DanlR

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd actually. I'm wondering what would actually cause this as it's not something that I've seen before. I'm wondering if deleting and reinstalling Quicken could help. Let's try that to see if we might be able to get the screen to come up properly.

https://www.quicken.com/support/install-or-uninstall-quicken-mac

Here's an article on how to uninstall the program. It also shows you how to install it but you'll want to make sure you have the download for the installation down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

You'll want to make sure that it's the Mac version which will be the last one listed. Once you have it reinstalled please let us know if you're able to reconcile your account again. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• DanlR
    DanlR Member ✭✭
    Thanks Francisco for your reply but after uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken I still have the same issue and can't get my accounts set up in foreign currencies reconciled. That is still bugging. What else should I try to get that fixed?

Thanks
    Daniel
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @DanlR,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and providing an update, though I am sorry to hear that the issue persists and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

If you haven't already, I recommend creating a new (test) file, then try adding a (dummy) account using foreign currency and see if you are able to reconcile or receive the same result in the test file. This way will be able to determine whether or not this is an issue caused within your current data file.

If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DanlR
    DanlR Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,

I just did what you recommended creating a brand new test file, adding a dummy account using EUR with a couple of transactions in EUR and I do have the same reconciliation issue meaning that the reconciliation function still doesn't work at all. Can you help ?

Thanks
    Daniel
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DanlR

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanlR said:
    ... creating a brand new test file, adding a dummy account using EUR with a couple of transactions in EUR and I do have the same reconciliation issue meaning that the reconciliation function still doesn't work at all.
    @DanIR I tried to duplicate your test file. I was not able to reproduce your issue: reconciliation proceeded as I expect it to.

I notice you state "my macOS is 11.1". This is a pretty old version of macOS: perhaps recent changes in Quicken for Mac have introduced an incompatibility?

This article seems to say as much: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-mac-end-support-macos-el-capitan-1011-and-macos-sierra-1012-after-v518

So your choices would seem to be: a) Upgrade macOS, or b) Revert back to Quicken for Mac 5.18 (and roll-back your Quicken data file to match).

Curiously, I notice in the above article the following: "If you are running macOS 10.11 or 10.12, you will no longer be able to upgrade Quicken for Mac beyond v5.18 ...". I wonder how you were able to get to v6.03?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • DanlR
    DanlR Member ✭✭
    Hi Lhossus,

Please find attached two print screens showing the current version of the OS and the Quicken one I'm currently using and the Quicken. Could that be of any help?
  • DanlR
    DanlR Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

Thanks for your reply ! I reported the issue and attached a sanitized copy of my data file. Will see if I get an answer.

Best,
    Daniel
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    lhossus said:
    I notice you state "my macOS is 11.1". This is a pretty old version of macOS: ...
    The above statement of mine is incorrect. When I saw your screenshot of the About This Mac window, I realized my mistake. I had read 11.1 as 10.11.1. Sorry for any confusion.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    DanlR said:
    I reported the issue and attached a sanitized copy of my data file. Will see if I get an answer.
    Daniel, Just so you know, there is usually no response to a bug report, except in rare instances when they want to follow up for more information. That doesn't mean good news or bad news; in fact, there's no way to know if the person receiving the report at Quicken has been able to replicate the problem and documented it to pass to the developers or was unable to see the problem and discarded it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DanlR
    DanlR Member ✭✭
    > @lhossus said:
    > The above statement of mine is incorrect. When I saw your screenshot of the About This Mac window, I realized my mistake. I had read 11.1 as 10.11.1. Sorry for any confusion.

No worries, Lhossus and thanks for trying to help solving this issue! Best to you for this New Year 2021.
  • DanlR
    DanlR Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > Daniel, Just so you know, there is usually no response to a bug report, except in rare instances when they want to follow up for more information. That doesn't mean good news or bad news; in fact, there's no way to know if the person receiving the report at Quicken has been able to replicate the problem and documented it to pass to the developers or was unable to see the problem and discarded it.

Got it, Jacobs! Will see if someone can solve the weird issue. Happy New Year to you.
This discussion has been closed.