How do I Print the BUDGET without actuals. Just the Budget (Q Mac)

newcastlelinda
newcastlelinda Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Budget and Planning Tools
Hi all,
It's a new year. I have created my 2021 Budget. I want to PRINT the budget. There are no actuals of note. How do I Print just the Budget screen?
Quicken Mac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1994
18 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @newcastlelinda

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do  apologize for the issue you're having. Currently there is no way to do this as we're not able to edit the budget report before printing. I have changed your post to an Idea thread to add the ability to edit the budget report.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since there is no way to print the budget without actuals the way you want, you might want to Export the budget as a .csv file. Open the exported file in Excel or Numbers, and you'll see it has three columns for each month: Actual, Budget and Difference. In just a few seconds, you can delete the Actual and Difference columns, and you'l be left with with only budget values, one column for each month, which you can then print.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • newcastlelinda
    Thank you Quicken Francisco.
  • newcastlelinda
    Thank you jacobs and Hello! Yes I am aware of this possibility. But it's not a very 'pretty' report. I posted this as a Question to be sure there wasn't a way to do it before I posted it as a Product Idea. As a very long time Quicken for Mac user, although I am happy with the progress that has been made since we all began beta testing QMac back in 2014, I am still often surprised and saddened by what is still lacking.

> @jacobs said:
    > Since there is no way to print the budget without actuals the way you want, you might want to Export the budget as a .csv file. Open the exported file in Excel or Numbers, and you'll see it has three columns for each month: Actual, Budget and Difference. In just a few seconds, you can delete the Actual and Difference columns, and you'l be left with with only budget values, one column for each month, which you can then print.
  • jacobs
    Yup, I understand that it would be desirable to do this directly in Quicken, and I think that would be a worthwhile enhancement, among a number of enhancements to budget reports. I suggested the spreadsheet route because it's the only available workaround at this point.

As for not being pretty, well, depending how much time you want to spend formatting things in Excel or Numbers, you can make it prettier -- but it may not be worth the time and effort. ;)
  • I'm a long time Quicken user (1987). Now i use the Mac version. I need the budget report that compares budget and actuals in the date range set by the user. Please add. I cannot believe I'm the only one wanting/needing this. Austin
  • newcastlelinda
    Hi Austin,

Yes, this is a long time request and there is a place to vote for it.
    I suspect jacobs will be along here in a little while to provide the link to that request. I'm busy remote teaching or I would look it up for you myself.

Linda

> @shakafamily said:
    > I'm a long time Quicken user (1987). Now i use the Mac version. I need the budget report that compares budget and actuals in the date range set by the user. Please add. I cannot believe I'm the only one wanting/needing this. Austin
  • jacobs
    You rang? ;)

Indeed, there is an Idea thread here where you can add you vote for the developers to add this functionality. The idea is marked as "Under Review", but more votes can help this happen, and help push it up the priority list.
  • Woodwork1
    Woodwork1 Member ✭✭
    Just noticed, if call your budget report up for annual then use Control-p it will print without actuals!
  • newcastlelinda

Well, I tried this and got the Actuals, the Budget, and the Differences.

I am on QMac. Could you please try again on your system and let me know exactly what you did?

• jacobs

@Woodwork1 Are you using Quicken Windows? Control-P doesn't do anything in Quicken Mac; Command-P is the keyboard command for printing. And as @newcastlelinda says, this will print a report with actual, budget and difference columns for each of the 12 months.

@newcastlelinda As I mentioned above in this thread, your only way to print just the budget columns is to export the budget to a CSV file, open in your spreadsheet of choice, delete the actuals and differences columns, and print the remaining budget columns.