Problems with loan account

Suzanne Clark
Suzanne Clark Member ✭✭
Register on one of my accounts is not accessible. says the loan is paid off and it's not. has a balance as of 5/1/2021 but last updated date shows today's date. When I try to reset the account it won't allow saying that i need to accept the downloaded transactions

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Suzanne Clark

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering what is causing this as it sounds like two different issues. 

To start here let's see if we're able  to get those transactions accepted to try resetting the account. We may just need to push them through by using this article down below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/quicken-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug

Once you've had the chance to do this try to see if you're able to reset the account back to the correct pricing. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Suzanne Clark
    Suzanne Clark Member ✭✭
    Nothing works. Transactions are hidden from the register and trying different ways to get to tranactions to accept doesn't work. So, data is there but not accessible. I know they are there since they show in online center but the compare to register button just brings me back to the account and the register and transactions are not viewable at all. The gear icon on that screen by the way as Transactions in the menu but it does nothing.

At one point it was saying the account was closed on the screen but I don't see that anymore. The future date of the balance maybe is due to future entries for payments in the register that I had created.
    via the gear icon under account overview, account status , - reconcile without reviewing or accepting is the only option to take me to the reconcile window - but those transactions are not there (only the automatic adjustment that quicken does which is annoying).
    option to review unaccepted transactions first , mouse flashes but nothing comes to the screen.

Hope you have another idea.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you have no access to the loan's register tells me that this is a loan that you set up as a "downloading" loan as opposed to a "manual" loan. 
    With a downloading loan the principal payments are pushed into the Account from the financial institution that holds the loan and you have no access to the loan register.  With a manual loan your payments out of your checking Account are fed to the loan register and the loan register is available to you.
    You might want to convert that loan from downloading to manual.  This FAQ tells you how to do that.

• Suzanne Clark
    Suzanne Clark Member ✭✭
    I have always had the register in the past and I add transactions that later match . this was a sudden change. Not something that I just set up as I have been using this for a few years already.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Suzanne Clark

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Can you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running?

It would appear that something has happened to cause this issue in the file. If you have not done so already, I would recommend restoring a backup from prior to this issue occurring.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you have restored a backup, are you able to access the loan register once more?

Please let us know what you find.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • compuwise
    compuwise Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I am encountering a similar problem. I just established a loan, allowing Quicken to establish a connection with Caliber loans and populate the loan information. Unfortunately, it only entered the loan balance, but not any of the details such as interest rate, start date, or payments. I entered each of these as edits to the loan details and also linked to an asset. So far, so good.

However, because this was a refinance, I want to modify the opening balance entry to create a split and show prepaid interest and pay off the previous loan. There is no access to the register!

I finally worked around this by disconnecting from Caliber, which allowed access to the register. I don't know when a change was made to not allow that access with connected loans. I don't like the restriction.

Quicken version 27.0.41.1
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I don't know when a change was made to not allow that access with connected loans"
    As far as I know, (having never had a "connected" loan), when you establish a downloading loan there is no register for you to play with
    The the concept behind a of a connected loan is that the financial institution holding the loan really knows "what's going on" and pushes the correct information to you so that you are always in balance with the financial institution.
    Probably most of the time the concept is correct, but of course there can be exceptions.