Quicken is not downloading from Merrill Lynch. Is anybody else having this problem?

For sometime now I have had to manually update my Merrill Lynch transactions. It only updates my stock quote.

Best Answers

• dls23
    dls23 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The conversion and transfer of accounts from PC to Mac worked fine. However, for my brokerage account I can not "Show Cash in a checking account" like I can on the PC version.

It is a Merrill Lynch brokerage account. If I connect the account to ML, all of the cash transactions go to the brokerage account. Moreover, I can not connect the cash account to ML.

I was not able to get "Quicken Connect" to work with ML for any of my ML accounts, so I used "Direct Connect."
  • dls23
    dls23 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am converting from PC to Mac. I am having intermittent luck with Mac...no issues with the PC version.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @dls23 Direct Connect is almost always the preferable choice of connection methods. You're connecting directly, in real-time, to the financial institution, versus having a Quicken server log in once a day to download and hold your transaction data for you to download. Direct Connect is also generally the most reliable connection method (e.g. fewer interruptions/outages). So if your financial institution offers Direct Connect -- and doesn't charge you a premium for that service -- take it.

That all said, for investment accounts, Direct Connect is the only option. Quicken Connect is only available for banking accounts (checking, savings, credit cards).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• dls23
    dls23 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The conversion and transfer of accounts from PC to Mac worked fine. However, for my brokerage account I can not "Show Cash in a checking account" like I can on the PC version.

It is a Merrill Lynch brokerage account. If I connect the account to ML, all of the cash transactions go to the brokerage account. Moreover, I can not connect the cash account to ML.

I was not able to get "Quicken Connect" to work with ML for any of my ML accounts, so I used "Direct Connect."
  • dls23
    dls23 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I am converting from PC to Mac. I am having intermittent luck with Mac...no issues with the PC version.
  • Same here, PC is much better than the Mac. However I am done with Windows so I am stuck with Mac version.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @dls23 Direct Connect is almost always the preferable choice of connection methods. You're connecting directly, in real-time, to the financial institution, versus having a Quicken server log in once a day to download and hold your transaction data for you to download. Direct Connect is also generally the most reliable connection method (e.g. fewer interruptions/outages). So if your financial institution offers Direct Connect -- and doesn't charge you a premium for that service -- take it.

That all said, for investment accounts, Direct Connect is the only option. Quicken Connect is only available for banking accounts (checking, savings, credit cards).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Butchp
    Butchp Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I am having the same problem. Tried deleting one of my accounts and re adding, went to Merrill lynch just fine and gave me a list of accounts and got a message: "Don't Add to Quicken". Checked passwords in Quicken for ML and they were correct. Seems to be a Quicken problem since [Removed - Solicitation] pulls up everything just fine.
  • Indigo
    Indigo Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Haven't changed any settings recently.
  • macnero
    macnero Member
    Same issue
  • macnero
    macnero Member
    Same issue with me, any resolution?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @macnero

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post your question, however, this is an older post and less likely to receive an answer.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.