Can I change my user name on the community page

I just noticed I used my first and last name. For the life of me I don't know how that happened...I must have had my head in the clouds that day. Doesn't seem I can change it under "edit profile".
Do I need to dump this profile and create a new one?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    A moderator may change your name.  I've flagged your post.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pattygilbride

I'd be happy to update your Username on your behalf.  Please just reply and let us know what username you would prefer.

Please note, Usernames must be unique and not in use by any other Users and can only contain letters, numbers, or underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long.

Thank you,

Sarah

• dogsnbeaches
    dogsnbeaches Member ✭✭
    Sarah,
    I attempted to reply to the email and got a mailer daemon.
    Since I don’t know what user names are in use I will provide a few suggestions in order of preference:
    1) dogsnbeaches
    2) piperg8013
    3) hikin4me
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello @dogsnbeaches

I have gone ahead and updated the username as requested. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you within the Community!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @dogsnbeaches  Just a quick FYI for the future: you can't reply to the emails you may get from the community forum software; you always have to click on the "Check it Out" link in the email to return to the forum, where you can post a reply.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dogsnbeaches
    dogsnbeaches Member ✭✭
    But then why did the email say, “ --
    Reply to this email directly or follow the link below to check it out”?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @dogsnbeaches  I don't know why some people see that line in their email notices; I do not. Here's what I see at the bottom of all my email notifications:

In any case, as you've discovered, you cannot reply directly to the email. You have to click the link or button to come to the forum in order to post a reply. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jcalisher
    jcalisher Member ✭✭
    Can I change my user name on the community page? If I can I'd like to use my old username if possible. I must have hit enter too quickly , I ended up using my email address which I do not want to use.

Quicken user since 1989

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    acalisher said:
    Can I change my user name on the community page? If I can I'd like to use my old username if possible. I must have hit enter too quickly , I ended up using my email address which I do not want to use.

I've flagged your request for a Moderator to reply .. but what name would you like to change to?
    [EDIT] I've edited this post to remove the user's email [/EDIT]

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jcalisher
    jcalisher Member ✭✭
    thank you

Quicken user since 1989

This discussion has been closed.