Issue in Reconcile MAC Version 6.1.0 (Build 601.37882.100)?

Options
I was reconciling a Credit Card acct with dates 12/24/2020 - 01/24/2021. When the new reconcile window pops up the dates 12/25 - 12/31 the transactions are NOT listed in the reconcile register - All the others listed fine.
So, I went back to the Credit Card register in Quicken and looked at all those transactions. What I found when looking for "more detail" and "more info" under the original transaction was some errors but I don't know if its a Credit Card Banking issue or a software issue in Quicken--I'm leaning toward a quicken issue. For all transactions from 12/26/2020 to 12/31/2020 the "Date Entered" is correct but the "Date Posted" is listed as 12/26/2021, 12/27/2021, 12/28/2021, 12/29/2021, 12/30/2021, or 12/31/2021 for any of transactions on any of those days.
When I go into the Credit Card transactions on the Credit Card Company Website they are correct (all read 2020) but when imported into Quicken they are wrong. Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @pactaz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

The posted date of transactions is information that is sent to Quicken from the financial institution during the download process, which would indicate that the financial institution is sending over incorrect info to our servers.

However, I recommend that you call Quicken Support to have your log files collected and reviewed by our support agents to verify which dates show for these transactions within the logs and determine what the root cause of this issue is.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @pactaz  Two thoughts…  First, the Date Posted comes from the financial institution, not Quicken. If you really got transactions showing posted dates of December 2021, it would seem your credit card company screwed up during the last week of 2020. (Maybe someone was going on vacation and flipped their system to 2021 before leaving! ;) ) You could pursue that with the credit card company, but since it's a one-time thing, it might not be worth it.

Second: in Quicken Preferences > Connected Services, there is a checkbox for "Use posted date for matched transactions (instead of the date you enter manually)". If that box is checked, you might try unchecking it, and then seeing if you can edit the dates on those transactions back to their proper dates in December 2020; if that works, then you should be able to reconcile and see these transactions in their proper sequence in the Reconcile window.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pactaz
    pactaz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. Interestingly, so far nothing has resolved this.
    1) I went to each of my credit card transactions on-line to check for any discrepancy on the "posted" dates. My Credit Card transaction dates all were shown as correctly posted with matching dates on my statement. This is what makes me think this issue is on the Quicken side. Plus, didn't Quicken just make a big software change in the 'reconciliation" area. Further, just think if those dates were wrong from the Credit Card Company perspective - their would Millions in lost revenue due to a date NOT being billed in the billing period (Dec 2021 vs Jan 2021). I did check dates not in the discrepancy period and all those matched with my statement as well. Its only transaction from the 26th-31st of December 2020.
    2) I did go change (un-selected) the Quicken Preferences > Connected Services, checkbox for "Use posted date for matched transactions (instead of the date you enter manually)" and it still did not import those transactions into the reconcile window - even after closing and restarting the program.
    3) I did re-download the statement with all the transactions after I "un-selected" the "Use posted date for matched transactions (instead of the date you enter manually)" - result ---- Nada.
    4) I'm waiting on hold with Quicken Support 650-250-1900 as I type.
    5) Ultimately I can delete all these transactions and re-input them but it totally defeats the purpose of importing them.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Can you edit one of the transactions and change the date by a day by manually typing it? Does it then show up in the Reconciliation window?

Can you create a manual transaction in the period between 12/25 and 12/31 as a test. Does that transaction show up in the Reconciliation window? 

What was the end date of the previous reconciliation? Was it 12/23/20 or something else?

Otherwise, as Anja says, looking at the log files may be the only way to see what actually came from your financial institution. Either the credit card company transmitted those posted dates wrong, or Quicken added a year to them. Neither seems likely, yet one of those two things apparently happened. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pactaz
    pactaz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs I tried manually changing the date but the data remained. I created a manual transaction during that period and that showed - thanks. So, next I just "duplicated" the transaction and it popped into the reconcile widow. I then deleted the original transaction and all worked. I was able to get a hold of tech support - it was 5:05 pm so I know they were past their "open" hours and they were interested in just getting the transactions into the reconcile window. They did not ask for the log files even though I offered. They were the ones who suggested duplicating the transactions (without the downloaded posted date info) and manually it worked as advertised. So, ultimately who knows where these bogus dates arised. I guess if more folks get the same issues down the road Quicken can really do a thorough in-depth review. As for your question about the previous reconciliation it was dated 12/22/2020.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @pactaz,

Thanks for the update! Were you by chance given a ticket number for your interaction with Quicken Support that you could provide here, please? 

If you don't mind, I'd like to look further into as well as review the ticket notes and see if I can determine why they declined to review your log files for this issue.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.