Hidden Accounts and Loans are listed in Property and Debt Menu

Options
I think the Title says it all. Is it just me?
Quicken user since 1995...

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again Craig,

Okay, now I understand what you are referring to - its the "Property & Debt" drop-down menu.  And - yes - I believe that you have properly done all you can to make them not show up.  Unfortunately, for some reason, the application does not act the way one might expect because I can confirm that hidden accounts do appear in that drop-down menu.

You could start an "idea thread" asking the Quicken's programmers fix this issue.  Here's the link to that thread LINK.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Craig Vorwald

I can't replicate what your title says.  My "hidden accounts" are still included in the "type of account" they were in before they were hidden.  For example, I have a bank savings account that is still in the "Personal Savings" group.

Let me know if you have any followup questions/issues.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you referring to the Property & Debt in the Account List on the left side of the screen?  Or are you referring to the Property & Debt tab at the top of the screen?
    If you are referring to the Account List:  Open Account Details and on the Display Options tab make sure that the box for Hide account name in account bar and account list is checked.
    If you are referring to the Property & Debt tab:  You will need to Customize each sub-tab view to unselect the accounts you no longer want shown.
    Does either of these suggestions answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Craig Vorwald
    Craig Vorwald Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am referring to the fact that despite both the 4Runner asset and the 4Runner Loan being marked as hidden (as you noted above in Account details), they still show up in the menu list (see attached). Many of these assets and loans are long gone (my file started in 1995) and marked hidden, but here they are!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again Craig,

Okay, now I understand what you are referring to - its the "Property & Debt" drop-down menu.  And - yes - I believe that you have properly done all you can to make them not show up.  Unfortunately, for some reason, the application does not act the way one might expect because I can confirm that hidden accounts do appear in that drop-down menu.

You could start an "idea thread" asking the Quicken's programmers fix this issue.  Here's the link to that thread LINK.

Frankx

• Craig Vorwald
    Craig Vorwald Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    In menu path "Property & Debt > Property & Debt Accounts". The accounts and loans listed are not honoring the "Account Hidden" property, set in Account Settings.

I have been using Quicken since 1995 and have gone through many accounts and loans, which continue to be listed. My list is pretty darn long, despite having set the account as "Hidden".

Superuser Frankx agreed that didn't seem right. Perhaps there was some logic discussed at Quicken as to why they SHOULD be listed... would be interested to hear that logic.

Thanks!
    Craig
  • JUdith Gibson
    JUdith Gibson Member
    Options
    wish I had not updated Quicken. No accounts listed now.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @JUdith Gibson,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in February, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.