Navient Loan account not linking

Options
jnprop
jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
I am one of the users that has been experiencing the spontaneous deleting of accounts when downloading via EWC. I am trying to add back my student loan accounts(2) both at Navient. I am getting the error "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)." I have tried for a couple days now at various times to no avail. Any thoughts, comments, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @tracygav

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

An "It's not your fault" error will require you to contact support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jnprop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, I would just like to clarify some things in order to better assist you furher.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken 
    Also, aside from the error message you received, does there happen to be an error code associated with the error message? If so, could you please provide us with the error code? 

If you don't mind, it may help us if you are willing and able to provide a screenshot of the error as well. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ on how to add a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop an image to your response if you are not given the option to add it as an attachment.

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja

Thank you for your response! I just wanted to touch base. I started having other major issues. I am going to call support as soon as I get some time. I appreciate you responding to my issue!
  • tracygav
    tracygav Member
    Options
    Has anyone found a resolution to the original post. I am receiving the exact same message, "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)." I am trying to set up the express connect for my Navient student loans for the first time when this message came in. In response to Anja's questions: 1) I have the online subscription Windows version, and 2) there was no error number, just the words I have in quotes above. Thank you.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @tracygav

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

An "It's not your fault" error will require you to contact support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • mrovne
    mrovne Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having this same issue and Quicken Support escalation came back with the advice that my password is wrong, which clearly wasn't the issue, because this started happening out of nowhere without a password change. There's a problem with quicken connecting to Navient. Not only can I not download transactions, I deactivated two of my Navient accounts to re-add them to try to fix this and now I can't even log into Navient from the "add account" menu. It just won't connect. I changed my password and everything, shortened and simplified it like Quicken suggested, it works perfectly fine on the Navient site. But I still don't have access.
  • MR. E
    MR. E Member
    Options
    I agree with mrovne above. The quicken to Navient link is not functioning. This needs looked into on Quicken's end as a service to their customers. I have Quicken deluxe 2020, version 31.6, build 27.1.31.6. Query's to add the account in quicken match the same requested by Navient when logging in directly, however, Quicken returns and error that is "not my fault". Would appreciate action to get this remedied.
  • chimjuga@
    chimjuga@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I'm on Quicken Premier>2020,version R31.8, build 27.1.31.8
  • mrovne
    mrovne Member ✭✭
    Options
    I didn't put my version number above: I'm running Quicken Premier 2020, version R31.8, build 27.1.31.8.
  • AAG
    AAG Member
    Options
    Same problem here, running Quicken R31.12 build 27.1.31.12. Your integration with Navient is broken. Has someone on your dev team validated the connection between Quicken and Navient?
  • Gregg Kessloff
    Options
    I've reported the inability to add Navient Student loan accounts to Quicken on the Quicken Support site and also the Help feature inside of Quicken several times over several months and no one has responded to me. I've also spent over an hour on Quicken Support chat, where we were also unable to add a Navient account to a newly created Quicken File. When the Quicken Tech Support person couldn't resolve the issue, the answer to me was that I should contact Navient support. Like many of you, I remember a version of Quicken that brought up a single window that prompted for all of the necessary input including username, password, social security number and last name. I'm dismayed that with all of the Quicken Community focus on this, that Quicken has not resolved this issue yet.
  • mrovne
    mrovne Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I try to log in to add a new account, I would first get the username and password prompts, and then it would immediately give me the the social security and birthdate prompts (no last name prompt), but still won't connect. I also did speak to Navient customer support and they have no idea even the department to send me to for an issue with Quicken connectivity. I also tried to add the accounts on Quicken Online, and that DOES have all the prompts like you described above Gregg, including the prompt for last name. And it still won't connect.
  • sidmcfarland
    Options
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @tracygav
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 
    >
    > An "It's not your fault" error will require you to contact support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    >
    > When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.
    >
    > Let us know how it goes!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

I followed the advice from this accepted answer. Via chat support I was instructed how to export four different log files from Quicken. I sent them and a support ticket was created. Four days later the support ticket was closed with no explanation. I opened another chat support with Quicken to ask what the resolution was. There was no explanation. The ticket was just closed. Chat support then guided me through some troubleshooting steps and mentioned a CC-898 error code, which meant nothing to me. Ultimately, I was instructed to go back to Navient. Navient has no idea. Both times I contacted them about this issue I had to explain what Quicken is. Navient said there is nothing on their end that would prevent this connection. There is no setting in my Navient account to restrict access. So Navient advised me to go back to Quicken support. Round and round we go.

Then I came across this discussion and realized I'm not alone. We all seem to be speaking in unison when we say that this really IS an issue and that Quicken support apparently is not interested in doing anything about it.

I followed the instructions from the "accepted answer" in this discussion, and the issue is still not resolved. This answer redirected me to someone else at Quicken support, who directed me to someone else at Navient support, who directed me back to Quicken support.

In the end, it is Quicken that is attempting to connect to Navient and encountering an inability to do so somewhere along the way. There must be log files that explain where/how the communication is breaking down. Can we get any information on what specifically is the problem?
  • AAG
    AAG Member
    Options
    Yeah. Hey. Hi, Quicken. You guys going to fix this or what?
  • AAG
    AAG Member
    Options
    still broken, Quicken. please fix your integration to Navient!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @AAG

Thank you for the response and the feedback.

You will need to contact support directly for a review of the log files to determine if an escalation is necessary.

Quicken Care has tools that the Community does not have to research this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • mrovne
    mrovne Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
This discussion has been closed.