How do I comment on something that is marked as answered

In online banking issues the OL-293 / Vanguard issue is marked as answered but it's still not fixed after months. Also the update summary now doesn't show the error when it occurs. How do I post this comment to the appropriate subcategory.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you provide a link to the thread that you're talking about ... so that we can have some background info re: the issue?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Threads put in the "Current Online Banking Issues" section are "announcement" by the moderators and only they can add to these threads.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Barry Berkov
    Barry Berkov Member ✭✭
    There needs to be a way to respond to announcements that are incomplete or don't address the issue. The problem with Vanguard accounts failing and then working when resubmitted has now been around for months. The issue of the online update showing an error but not showing it on the summary is new aggravation. Even if I cannot post a reply to an "announcement," it's still not totally clear to me how I post a new question in a subcategory such as online banking issues.
  • wernerpels
    wernerpels Member ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list. Routinely, with very rare exceptions, my Vanguard account doesn't update and shows the OL-293 error. Then, when I run the "retry" opportunity that is presented, it always succeeds. Been that way for months.
  • Barry Berkov
    Barry Berkov Member ✭✭
    Yes. that issue has now been around for months. What's new for me is that the error no longer shows in the update summary. In my case, the very first update of the day (after the computer has been in "sleep"), often works but other updates fail. When I set up a new Quicken file with only the one Vanguard account in it, that new file had the same issue. Since the OL-293 error when it showed in an error message, said Quicken had received unexpected information. There's really little excuse, at least in my mind, for Quicken not being able to fix this regardless of whether Vanguard's assistance is needed.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello all,

The OL-293 error Vanguard is still an ongoing issue, I have added an update to the post.

To clarify, Announcements, Alerts & Known Issues, as well as Current Online Banking Issues categories are closed for comments from members as they are used to communicate official information.

Posts may be moved by a moderator into these categories and that is why at times, some posts such as the Vanguard post will appear to be a normal discussion, however, these are still closed for comment.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • James Wilbourne
    James Wilbourne Member ✭✭✭
    > @wernerpels said:
    > Add me to the list. Routinely, with very rare exceptions, my Vanguard account doesn't update and shows the OL-293 error. Then, when I run the "retry" opportunity that is presented, it always succeeds. Been that way for months.

+1 - why isn't this fixed yet!!!
  • nhuebotter
    nhuebotter Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue with Vanguard and other brokerages. As others have mentioned, it has been going on for months. I hope this issue has been escalated to a real person by now. It seems that the more Quicken charges, the more trouble it is to use the program.
  • Barry Berkov
    Barry Berkov Member ✭✭
    This truly reflects poorly on Quicken. I am considering switiching to another program if I can find one that works and meets my requirements, which aren't very high. But it iwlll probably take a few thousand cancellations to get their attention.
This discussion has been closed.