Budget category rollover needs to be supported in Mobile/Web

Lloyd Young
Lloyd Young Windows Beta Beta
edited October 2023 in Ideas for Mobile
I have several budget categories where Rollover is enabled. The Mobile and Web versions need to support this feature as well. Do not need the capability of enabling or disabling from Mobile/Web, can leave that feature on Desktop. Mobile and Web need to recognize that rollover is enabled on Desktop and show the budget amount for a current month with rollover from previous months.
Tagged:
22 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review on 8/9/23 - CTP-7456

Comments

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is needed for budgets from both QMac and QWin.
    -Jay
  • Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭
    A mobile budget withought rollover supports is worthless. Please add rolleover support accross all platforms please!
  • Scott Hearan
    Scott Hearan Member ✭✭
    This worked on the original mobile app. Why was it removed?
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Budget rollovers existed in not only the original mobile app (before the current independent Quicken) but also in the first year or more of the current app. It stopped working on January 2019, I think. (Or January 2020?)

Rollovers are really needed in the mobile app. Otherwise you can eat overspend in one month and on the 1st day of the new month you have no idea of that overspending and no way to even look back and see it since in the mobile app you can only see the current month.
    -Jay
  • MikeTasha
    MikeTasha Member ✭✭
    I'm sure you've heard this before but when is quicken mobile going to support budget rollovers for categories from month to month? I see I can edit the budget amount for each category but the rollover amount is greyed out and unavailable for edit. If that were available, there would at least give a temporary method of achieving what's needed.

Is there a method of editing the rollover for each category for a month?

When will quicken mobile automatically support budget rollovers?

I see here that many users have requested the same feature. IMHO, the mobile app should mirror the desktop product. It really limits the ability of the mobile app to represent an accurate budget to users without rollovers?
  • MikeTasha
    MikeTasha Member ✭✭
    When can we expect Quicken mobile app to properly show ytd category rollover totals instead of just showing rollovers for the current month?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @MikeTasha,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and merged your Idea to this active Idea thread regarding this topic.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. Please, be sure to add your own vote as well by clicking the up arrow (see example below).

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• This is a HUGE issue and missing feature. Budget categories not rolling over renders the mobile and web tools completely useless. Worse than that, if you look at an account or budget in mobile, it screws up everything in the windows application too. And you have to reload a backup just to balance everything again. I really like the Quicken system and windows app, but unless this can be added soon, we'll have to look at other options
  • Tigger Trainer
    Tigger Trainer Member ✭✭
    This is a huge issue. Wish this would be resolved. Contemplating just leaving Quicken.
  • Lloyd Young
    Lloyd Young Windows Beta Beta
    Agree wholeheartedly with Tigger. Do not use Mobile/Web any longer for this and other issues. Mobile/Web are useless in my opinion.
  • LC_1
    LC_1 Member
    I am having the same issue. Based on this thread it looks like this has been ongoing for over a year now...any solutions???
  • Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭
    Can we please get an update on this? I would like to know if it is going to be implemented? If so, when? This makes budgeting with Quicken nearly useless. I can only view my budget properly when at home. Not very helpful.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭

Glad to see this was opened up again. It has been several more years and still no changes in the budget area. Rollover in Quicken Mobile and Quicken Mac remain the biggest holes in the product.

-Jay
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hello All,

This feature is currently available in Quicken Mobile. You will need to turn this preference on using your desktop application first. If you are unable to find it or do not see this option as available, please let us know and share a screenshot of what you are viewing.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gabor Gresz
    Gabor Gresz Mac Beta Beta

This feature is still not available on the mac version. When will you bring rollover budgeting to quicken mac? Also, the whole budgeting function is so not-useful, cumbersome and not user-friendly. It needs MAJOR rework. There are very innovative solutions from other apps/companies. In the mac version I can't edit the budget unless I go the the annual edit view. The budgeting feature that makes me always wonder if I should switch to another app.