TAGS have vanished from my report options

Options
I have been using quicken and quickbooks for decades. I have been using tags in quicken for as long as I've been using it. Quicken updated today when I logged in. Now the option to sort reports by tags (the tag tab) has disappeared. I looked it up and read that tags can be turned on in preferences but there's no option in my preferences to turn tags on. They still show up in my registers. I am still using them. I just can't use them in reports which makes the useless. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated as I am on a deadline. Thank you.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You might try customizing the report and on the Display tab clicking on "Reset Columns."
    That sometimes brings things back.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did the update somehow change your installed version to Starter which doesn't have Tags?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JPK By any chance did you change your subscription to Starter?

Before the Subscription version of Quicken tags weren't supported at all in the Starter version.  In the Subscription version, there is the "loophole" that you can set them/see them in the register, but they are still blocked in the reports.  You need Deluxe or above to use tags in reports.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JPK
    JPK Member
    Options
    I did not change my subscription to "Starter" but I think splasher is correct that the last update changed it without my knowledge or consent because prior to the update, I was able to have tags in my reports. I am really starting to dislike Intuit's business practices.

Thank you very much splasher and Chris_QPW. At least I know what the problem is.

Tom Young - that wasn't the issue but thank you for responding!

Wishing the best to all of you!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JPK
    Just so that you are throwing stones at the correct group, Intuit hasn't owned Quicken now for several years.  Quicken is a separate company owned by H.I.G. Capital since March 2016.
    Intuit is now a service provider for the downloading of transactions.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JPK,

If you go to Help > About Quicken what does it say in the top line? Is that the same as what it says in the main Quicken title line?

If it says Quicken - Starter then you have been downgraded for some reason
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JPK,

If you go to Help > About Quicken what does it say in the top line? Is that the same as what it says in the main Quicken title line?

If it says Quicken - Starter then you have been downgraded for some reason
    It is also stated it the title bar (upper left).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.