Can I stop all syncing with Quicken Cloud and still do One Step Updates to my accounts?

For the second time in a month, my data has been corrupted following Quicken Cloud Sync. I long ago stopped using Quicken Mobile for the same reason. I get no error messages, but when I look at reconciling downloaded transactions, I find transactions awaiting reconciliation and some are as old as two years. On top of that, some previously reconciled paychecks lose all detail such as tax and benefits and the split deposits going to other accounts. In the other accounts, I can see the deposit listed at least twice.

I've recovered each time by restoring from a back up and rebuilding any missing transactions.

If there is no way to separate syncing with the Quicken Cloud and retaining the ability to download transactions, I am willing to stop using that function and just return to old-fashioned manual reconciliation. At that point, I'll no longer have a need for future upgrades to Quicken or continuing my monthly subscription.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @leomoore,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you wish to turn off syncing to the Quicken Cloud, then please follow the steps below to turn off Cloud Sync.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Change sync to OFF

Alternatively, if you don't want to turn Cloud Sync completely off, then you can deselect Cloud Sync from running with your One Step Update. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Tools
    2. One Step Update...
    3. Under Online Services, uncheck the checkbox for Sync to Quicken Cloud

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    See this post: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20159169/#Comment_20159169  While it is in reference to restoring a file, the process to purge and eliminate Quicken Cloud Account issues might pertain to your situation.
    Make sure that you have turned off QMobile in your current file at Edit->Preferences->Mobile&Web , then follow Sherlock's instructions on creating the second account and deleting the QCA.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @leomoore,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you wish to turn off syncing to the Quicken Cloud, then please follow the steps below to turn off Cloud Sync.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Change sync to OFF

Alternatively, if you don't want to turn Cloud Sync completely off, then you can deselect Cloud Sync from running with your One Step Update. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Tools
    2. One Step Update...
    3. Under Online Services, uncheck the checkbox for Sync to Quicken Cloud

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    See this post: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20159169/#Comment_20159169  While it is in reference to restoring a file, the process to purge and eliminate Quicken Cloud Account issues might pertain to your situation.
    Make sure that you have turned off QMobile in your current file at Edit->Preferences->Mobile&Web , then follow Sherlock's instructions on creating the second account and deleting the QCA.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• leomoore
    leomoore Member ✭✭
    I restored from my last backup that was in balance before the last sync. I then turned off all syncing. I was able to download transactions without going out-of-balance although I had to delete several transactions from 2018 in three different accounts, but they appeared to be duplicates of existing reconciled transactions.

Thank-you for the assistance.
  • Quicken Anja
    @leomoore Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution that works for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.