Accepted transactions do not appear in budget planning screen until after Quicken restart

Options
Accepted financial transactions such as checks cleared, bills auto-paid and income items do not appear in budget planning screen until after Quicken restart

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Robert Edgar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hello @Robert Edgar

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Also, how long have you been experiencing this trouble? If this is a recent issue, I would begin by rebooting the computer. If you have been experiencing this for some time, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Robert Edgar
    Robert Edgar Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tyka,
    Thanks for your interest.
    I am using Quicken 2020 R 31.20 Build 27.1.31.20.
    I ran the file validation routine as you suggested. QEL – Damaged scheduled reminder removed. QEL – No errors found. All internal consistency checks passed.
    Found some old entries to closed accounts and missing stock split entries. That was it.
    What next?
    Robert Edgar
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Robert Edgar

Thank you for the response and the results of the file validation. Do you have more than one budget in this file or is this the only budget?

Can you please open the budget and select Budget Actions > Select Categories to Budget... can you uncheck and recheck one of these categories that is having issues and see if this improves the issue?

Please let me know what you find.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Robert Edgar
    Robert Edgar Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tyka,
    I unchecked and rechecked all the budget categories. The next day I downloaded new transactions. After "accepting", I checked the budget to see if the transactions had registered. They had not. I then closed and restarted Quicken. Once opened, I checked the budget and it had updated the previously downloaded transactions. The budget used to update automatically as transactions were accepted, but not now.
    Any other suggestions?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Robert Edgar

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist.

One thing that may cause this behavior is the location of the data file. Do you store the active data file in a cloud or network drive?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Robert Edgar
    Robert Edgar Member ✭✭
    Options
    I store my files my PC.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Robert Edgar

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The next troubleshooting step I would like to try is to duplicate the budget.

This is located under Planning > Budget Actions > Duplicate This Budget...

Once this step has been completed, do you still see this issue in the duplicated budget?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Robert Edgar
    Robert Edgar Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tyka,
    Duplicated the annual budget as you suggested. Downloaded and accepted new transactions for a few days. They are recorded in the appropriate credit card registers as they should be, but had to shut down and restart Quicken before the accepted transactions would appear in the budget. Anything else I might try?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Robert Edgar

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would recommend creating a new blank budget to test if this issue occurs in a blank budget as well.

If you still see this behavior in a brand new budget, I would next uninstall and reinstall.

To learn more about uninstalling and reinstalling, please the steps and information available here.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Robert Edgar
    Robert Edgar Member ✭✭
    Options
    Created a new budget and monitored update next time I had new transactions. Still no update until after a follow-up update or a complete restart.
    Next, I removed the Quicken app and reinstalled. Still no real-time transaction updates.
    Any further suggestions?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Robert Edgar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.