Fifth Third account transactions downloading issue.

WunTu
WunTu Member ✭✭
When trying to download Fifth Third account transactions (Direct Connect) the process enters an unending loop. After waiting and hour, the only way to stop it was via Ctrl-Alt-Del, Task Manager. What can I do?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @WunTu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your data file's Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @WunTu

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Additionally you'll also want to make sure that it's set up for direct connect and I'll leave a video down below on how to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aM0NDVdLCI

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• WunTu
    WunTu Member ✭✭
    Using the "test" file, the Fifth Third download executed correctly. After "validating" my regular file, the Fifth Third download executed correctly and in a timely manner. The list (details) of transactions was updated, but the summary on the left side of the main transaction screen did not change to reflect the balance displayed in the list of transactions and I cannot close out Quicken. When I try, I receive a pop up notice that says "A One Step Update is in progress. Please wait until it finishes before exiting Quicken". I have not been able to close Quicken for more than an hour......
  • WunTu
    WunTu Member ✭✭
    Previous guidance for the Fifth Third download issue resolved the initial problem, but resulted in two more issues (as stated above).
  • WunTu
    WunTu Member ✭✭
    2 hours after "validation", Quicken still won't shut down. Fifth Third summary balance does not match transaction list balance and Quicken still thinks it is in the middle of a "One Step Update".
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @WunTu

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if they file may be having issues finishing because of the mobile sync potentially. Could you double check to see if you were to go across the top to edit > preferences > Mobile & Web > sync off. From here we'll see if that helps us with getting through the sync. 

Once you get the chance let us know if that helps. If not we'll look into seeing what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • WunTu
    WunTu Member ✭✭
    The Mobile & Web sync setting is in the off position. The One Step Update process continues to "loop" (about 1 hour and half, this time). I can still enter other transactions and create reports during this "looping", but screen and data manipulation is periodically slow and the "looping" prevents Quicken from executing a proper shutdown.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @WunTu

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Next,  I would check the location of the data file. Storing an active data file on a cloud or network drive may cause strange behavior in the data file.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-find-quicken-data-file-quicken-windows

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • WunTu
    WunTu Member ✭✭
    My datafile is stored on my hard drive.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @WunTu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your data file's Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.