Is there any way to have new accounts default to NO cloud sync?

Options
Gregg107
Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
Every time I setup a new account, QW automatically sets it to cloud sync. I don't want all my accounts in the cloud so I have to manually turn this off for new accounts. I discovered it after noticing a new account was showing up on mobile. It's a privacy concern with accounts and should be an opt-in decision to turn on cloud sync for a new account.
Tagged:
12 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Currently no.  I have flagged this thread for the Moderators to change it to an Idea that people can vote on. That is how they take suggestions.  Note once that happens you can vote on it too.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • kevinparent
    Options
    Also... offer to have it sync new accounts during the next sync. When adding multiple accounts or adding an account but then need to make adjustments or delete right away, so much time is spent waiting and waiting for the processes to kick off. Would be nicer if it ran during normal sync so doesn't slow down the user as much.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is a privacy issue. A new account should not automatically sync to a non-local repository (in this case the Quicken cloud) without explicit permission. By using a default for new accounts of SYNC, you are circumventing the wishes of the user who has explicitly turned off Synchronization on all accounts.