How to stop asking - if transaction is for last tax year

Options
Jeff107
Jeff107 Member ✭✭
How do I get Q-Home&Business to stop asking if a transaction is for payment for last tax year.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Jeff107

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeff107 said:
    How do I get Q-Home&Business to stop asking if a transaction is for payment for last tax year.

Please tell us more about the transaction you are entering. What is this transaction all about and what Category is it using? What is the Tax Line Item associated with the used category?
  • Jeff107
    Jeff107 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's my monthly pension deposit - category is income:.....

I did the validation suggested, and it found a bunch of stuff going back to 2000.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please go to Tools / Category List, create an image snapshot of the Category in question, with all columns as shown in the Category List. To be able to help you, we need to see the tax line item which is assigned to your category. Some of the tax line items that deal with tax payments made in prior years and similar may trigger the Tax Year question. A properly defined category for tax withheld (1040, W-2, 1099, etc.) should not.
    Also please include the Split Transaction dialog, showing how you have defined the deposit with splits for gross income and deductions.

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.