Error with Edward Jones account update

For the past week I'm unable to connect to my Edward Jones accounts. OL-220-A "Quicken is unable to complete your request." I tried to reset the account connection, but just got a blank dialog box that locked my screen so I had to use Task Manager to shut down. Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @slick1948

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

An "It's not your fault" error will require a contact to support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
    I finally came up with something to try which has worked for me the two days after doing it:
    1. Make a backup of your Quicken data file to revert to if this does not work
    2. Sign on to the Edward Jones website to ensure that their security knows your IP address
    3. Deactivate One Step Update (OSU) for all of your Edward Jones accounts
      Edit the account from the Account List (Tools menu), then select the Online services tab
    4. Re-activate all of the EJ accounts for OSU (opposite of #3 above) and LINK (not add) the account to the existing accounts in Quicken
    5. If it all works, you should get a download at that time and if it is truly successful, it will work again tomorrow without dong anything but doing a OSU in Quicken.
    If none of this works for you, just restore the backup you made and you will be exactly back where you were when you began.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• BCTOM155
    BCTOM155 Member
    I'm having the same issue. Started after last update was loaded.
  • William Heise
    William Heise Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue but sometimes it will update after I try 3 or 4 times
  • cwinkler
    cwinkler Member ✭✭
    Same issue during OSU. Can get it to work if I go into one of my EJ accounts and click on Update Transactions.
  • Russ R
    Russ R Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue, Edward Jones, OL-220-A "Quicken is unable to complete your request. Usually can get an update after several tries.
  • KarenK
    KarenK Member
    Same issue. I have tried several times in a row and over several days with no success. Edward Jones, OL-220-A "Quicken is unable to complete your request."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now)?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• David Rohrer
    David Rohrer Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same/similar issue. I haven't been able to download transactions since March 2nd. I receive the "Download Error (504))" message. I've deactivated one of my accounts and still can't connect when attempting to "Add Account".
  • slick1948
    slick1948 Member ✭✭
    Still doesn't work. "Sorry, we encountered an error. (It's not your fault).
    I have two EJ accounts. Doesn't work on either.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @slick1948

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

An "It's not your fault" error will require a contact to support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • slick1948
    slick1948 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    didn't work
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    I have been unable to update my Edward Jones brokerage information in Quicken since February 20th. It had worked fine until then. I initially got QL 204 errors but now nothing. I changed my password twice, but this has not corrected the problem. ED Jones is stumped and I am also.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Robert Branch,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Since you mentioned you are no longer receiving the OL-204 error code, could you please clarify what happens instead when running a One Step Update? Does the update still complete and say it was successful though no transactions were downloaded, or does the update continue to process and never reach completion, etc?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    I am using version R31.20 for Windows 10.

Quicken stopped updating my ED Jones account after February 20th. Anytime I tried manually doing the download it would give me the 204 error code. I have changed the password on the on the ED Jones account, updated the password in the password vault, and used the 'Reset Account' feature in Account Details/Online Services. When I do a reset, I get a green check arrow that seems to indicate Quicken can contact ED Jones and they can communicate. But it still won't download current transactions.

I have also changed my antivirus and firewall settings to let Quicken see and talk to ED Jones. This has made no difference either.

Holler back if you want to know more.

Robert B.
    PS: Your e-mail said I could e-mail the response directly. I tried to do this and it bounced back. This is tedious.
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    When I try to update now, it wants a password even though it is stored in the password vault. Also the fill password input field is unresponsive. I have deleted and reinstalled the password in the password vault numerous times without successfully getting Quicken to update.
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    I see that I am not the only one who is having problems with ED Jones updates. Do you have a fix yet?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
    I finally came up with something to try which has worked for me the two days after doing it:
    1. Make a backup of your Quicken data file to revert to if this does not work
    2. Sign on to the Edward Jones website to ensure that their security knows your IP address
    3. Deactivate One Step Update (OSU) for all of your Edward Jones accounts
      Edit the account from the Account List (Tools menu), then select the Online services tab
    4. Re-activate all of the EJ accounts for OSU (opposite of #3 above) and LINK (not add) the account to the existing accounts in Quicken
    5. If it all works, you should get a download at that time and if it is truly successful, it will work again tomorrow without dong anything but doing a OSU in Quicken.
    If none of this works for you, just restore the backup you made and you will be exactly back where you were when you began.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The above possible solution has been successful for me for 7 days.  Did any of you try it and if so, what were your results?

• David Rohrer
    David Rohrer Member ✭✭
    I had a different error code (-504) and sent a copy of my OFXLog file to Edward Jones Tech Support for assistance. I've had to do this 3 times in the past 4 months. I'm not sure if they did anything, however my downloads resumed a day or two later. I have seen a 2-to-3 day delay in downloads loads from EJ and continue to see the -504 error on occasion. I'll give your process a try the next time I have a significant delay.
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    Splasher: No, I still can't update my ED Jones account. I tried deactivating OSU, then reactivating it. Did not work. I am receiving no help from Quicken to speak of. I have sent them two OFXlogs. I am beginning to look for different accounting software for my needs.
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    I am also talking to Edward Jones, both my account manager and their corporate tech support. Corporate is aware of the problem and is very concerned that Quicken seems to be doing little to nothing to resolve the problem. Corporate has researched the issue from their side and say they see no problems from their end.
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    The problem seems to have something to do with the password vault. Quicken switches to a manual password entry screen when I try to update only my E Jones account, but the field where you enter the password is greyed out. I have deleted and reinstalled my password, and reset my password and the same thing happens again when I try to update the account.
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    I have accounts with other brokerages and banks and, thank goodness, they still update just fine.
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    No update nor guidance from you guys yet. BTW, which website for ED Jones should I use for the update?
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    SUCCESS!!!! I disconnected Quicken and Edward Jones's online link. I then went through the setup process to create a new link. If you do this, pay attention to a drop down box on the right side of the screen that has an option to attach the new account to an existing one. The first time I tried it, I did not pay attention to that and Quicken created a 'new' ED Jones account, with only two month's worth of transactions. I deleted the new account and went through the set up process again, connecting the old and new account. That worked!!!!!
  • Robert Branch
    Robert Branch Member ✭✭
    For anybody interested, Splasher's March 12 post was the solution to my problem.
  • Chrome.n.Steel
    Chrome.n.Steel Member ✭✭
    Robert Branch's April 3 simple recommendation solved it for me.
This discussion has been closed.