CC-502 errors with Bank of America

tigerhawk83
tigerhawk83 Member ✭✭
For at least a week I have been trying to setup my BOA accounts in Quicken. I enter the proper credentials, enter the MFA code I get on the phone, and consistently get a CC-502 connection error. I followed the directions of a support page to deactivate and reactivate these accounts, that did not help. I didn't have trouble in February, this seems to have started in the last couple of weeks, nothing works. My US Bank accounts connect just fine, so does Ally Bank, it is just BOA.

Best Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @tigerhawk83

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. We currently are experiencing issues with Bank of America giving 501/502 errors when trying to download/connect. We are working on the issue currently but do not have an ETA of when it will be resolved. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Phillip Owen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-502.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error persists after 24 hours or more, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @ronaldper,

Okay, then I'd suggest that you contact Quicken Support via this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @robert W

I understand what you are saying about not knowing about the "don't deactivte" guidance.  But if you have a recent backup - you could restore that and thereby "go back".

Did you contact Q Support?  If so, what were the results?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• pbednar
    pbednar Member
    I'm having the same problem. Started little over a week ago.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @tigerhawk83

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. We currently are experiencing issues with Bank of America giving 501/502 errors when trying to download/connect. We are working on the issue currently but do not have an ETA of when it will be resolved. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Justin H.
    Justin H. Member
    edited April 2021
    Quicken,

I am new to your product but work in the tech industry. So far this program has been a huge disappointment. Although this looks like a temporary issue, if this is not fixed in a week I am going to be forced to go elsewhere. I want to believe in you guys for how you were recommended but I am definitely having regrets about buying this...

I am two weeks into getting my Quicken up a running and I have run into two issues with banks that have the same result you just gave. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • SLB1
    SLB1 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Same problem today with BofA. Started out at CC-507 Reauthorization required. Didn't work. So, redid one step update, got CC-502 now. CC-502 showed up last month also. Thought it was fixed. All other accounts work except BofA credit card. This is getting to be a habit of Quicken as of late. Hope they solve the mystery. I've with with Quicken since 1977! And really don't want to learn another software. So, please resolve permanently! Here's a link Quicken has about CC-502, https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502. Contact - https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Just talked with tech support. The only thing I didn't do right... I needed to sign in to my BofA account, keep my BofA online account open and minimize while I went through reactivating the credit card account in Quicken, relinking it to the account that already is there in my Quicken datafile. It worked as long as I had my BofA account open online! Give it a try.
  • trevordemaat
    trevordemaat Member ✭✭
    Same problem today and getting cc-502 error. Tried to reset and now I cannot even add my account to download automatically.
    This is now almost a weekly issue and I am about to dump this software for which you charge a good amount for yearly.
    Quicken needs to do a better job at being proactive and making the software more bullet proof.
  • jeneumann54
    jeneumann54 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem...Fix this...
  • jeneumann54
    jeneumann54 Member ✭✭
    I have tried Resetting the account, no help, then tried de activating the account, no help...I tried with while logged on to BOA and Logged off BOA, no help...this is beyond frustrating...Fix this
  • Shing$2941
    Shing$2941 Member
    SLB1 worked for me. Leaving BOA website open.
  • SLB1
    SLB1 Member ✭✭
    Glad it worked for some. The trick added after talking with Quicken Tech support was to first open up your BofA online and keep BofA website open. Basically, BofA is changing its connection often for security reasons so Quicken can't recognize the new connection until I open my BofA online, keep it open, then go thru the steps pasted below:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20156573/#Comment_20156573
    > Yes. Quicken tech support had me go thru these steps to reconnect for online downloads that I deactivated and kept getting CC-502 error message:
    > 1. Make sure the account in question is not listed with other accounts that are set up for one step updates.
    > 2. Next...Go to "Add Account". Go through the steps until you can choose "Link with an existing account" and choose the account in question.
    > 3. Then finish connecting.
    > This is supposed to be the route if account was deactivated, to get it activated again. Everything should work now for the account in question. Hope I didn't leave any step out.

AS LONG AS YOU KEEP BofA open during steps, you should be good to go. B) ;)
  • tigerhawk83
    tigerhawk83 Member ✭✭
    Didn't work for me - still cannot connect to BOA. My subscription with Quicken is ending in a couple of months, I may let it go, this is becoming ridiculous
  • SLB1
    SLB1 Member ✭✭
    Sorry, it didn't work. I assume you had your BofA account open online while you went thru the steps? If so, that is a mystery. It seems BofA is constantly changing its connection, and Quicken/Intuit is perpetually having to troubleshoot to adjust their record of BofA's connection portal. So, it may be more of a problem via BofA than Quicken. Just an idea...Good luck.
  • MACNLEAKEY
    MACNLEAKEY Member ✭✭
    I'm having same issue. Haven't been able to get to my account for over a week now.
  • SLB1
    SLB1 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Maybe time to call Quicken? (650) 250-1900 https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support. When I called the only thing they had me do in addition to fix it was keep my BofA account open online while going thru the steps to reconnect. Hope that helps.
  • This problem started 4 (or so) days ago. The problem was I had two BofA accounts, checking and a credit-card. The CC account had expired due to inactivity. So, I had to deactivate the CC account in Quicken, an then go through the standard "reactiviation" on the Checking Account. This worked fine.

Verify there's no "old" BofA accounts hanging around in Quicken.
  • paulii
    paulii Member
    I am still having this problem Lets get this fixed
  • SLB1
    SLB1 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    time to call Quicken? (650) 250-1900 https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support. When I called them, the fix was done. Haven't had any issues since. If you opened your BofA account online and kept it open, then hopefully going thru the reconnect within Quicken will work. That was the trick for me.
  • tigerhawk83
    tigerhawk83 Member ✭✭
    Finally started working properly today!! Hope it starts working for everyone else. I did not need to open BOA site separately, the Quicken software finally started asking for the MFA code and BOA sent it.
  • Phillips Owen
    Phillips Owen Member ✭✭
    Been getting CC-502 errors when trying to connect to BOA. tried resetting account, didnt work. deactivated online services and attempted to reconnect, didnt work.

saw an announcement in discussions that connecting to BOA has been declared resolved as of 4/30/21. LOL.
  • Quicken Francisco

Hello @Phillips Owen

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will let us know if the issue is ongoing or if we may just need to update your file. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• PhotoBug
    PhotoBug Member
    I have been having the same problem for weeks and it didn't work today. I have called Quicken support but there has been no response.
  • Phillips Owen
    Phillips Owen Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    this is not a file issue. this is an issue with the connection to the bank being rejected.

i tried deactivating/reactivating online services but that was an absolute failure. it totally screwed up my balances. whats worse is that after i did the deactivate/reactivate i read not to do that as YOU KNOW it will screw up the account balances. [Removed - Language]

[Removed - Disruptive]
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    After receiving an alert that this issue had been fixed, I tried to activate one step update for my BoA credit card. After inputting the texted code I get an error message: "Quicken can't add this account because the Bank of America website is unavailable. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience".

"There is a connection problem. CC-502"
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Hi @robert W

Sorry to hear that you are getting that error code.  From the activity reported here lately, it seems like this error code has been affecting a lot of users with BOA credit cards.

Apparently this can be related to changes the bank may be making on its website (one of which involves 2 factor authorization) and since the connection is Express web Connect (where Quicken "screen scrapes" from the bank's website) those things can cause the account update process to fail.

Here's a LINK to the suggested solution. I suggest that you follow the steps and it may involve waiting a day or two until you are able to connect again.  One thing that is NOT recommended is the deactivating and reactivation of the problem account in Quicken.

Let us know if you have any followups nd how things work out.

Frankx

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Phillip Owen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-502.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error persists after 24 hours or more, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Phillips Owen
    Phillips Owen Member ✭✭
    it has been over a week.
  • ronaldper
    ronaldper Member
    The cc-502 error persists and has for weeks. The link in the previous response merely tells us to try an update again. Those updates are not working.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @ronaldper,

Okay, then I'd suggest that you contact Quicken Support via this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭
    @Frankx - thank you. Unfortunately, I have already deactivated and tried to reactivate the account. Why wouldn't I? Quicken posted a message that the BoA problem has been resolved. I tried it, and it was not resolved for me, so I figured I'd start fresh. Unless Quicken provides some warning when people click the deactivate button that they should check Quicken support before doing so, it's gonna happen. I can't go back.
  • SLB1
    SLB1 Member ✭✭
    Had the same problem early on from deactivating. I eventually called Quicken and got it fixed. Basically, the trick was first logging in to your BofA account, keep it open while you go through the reconnect steps in Quicken. Because BofA constantly is changing their download connection portal code, Quicken has difficulty keeping up depending on the Quicken version you are using. I use QH&B.

If that doesn't work, then call quicken (650) 250-1900 https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @robert W

I understand what you are saying about not knowing about the "don't deactivte" guidance.  But if you have a recent backup - you could restore that and thereby "go back".

Did you contact Q Support?  If so, what were the results?

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.