Error when trying to add an account

I'm trying to add an account at Tinker Federal Credit Union. When I try to add it, I get the error "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Tinker Federal Credit Union" and gives options to try again, download transactions manually, and entering transactions manually.

I've tried to add this account several times over the past few days and always get the same error. I've also rebooted my computer.

I don't know if this is a factor, but I already have a Tinker account in Quicken that I previously closed.

I'm on Windows 10 using Quicken Premier R32.10 build 27.1.32.10.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Sheila,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message, did you happen to receive an error code associated with the message as well that you could provide us with here, please?

If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to try adding the account you were unable to add in your original file.

After adding accounts, see if you experience the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    That was a great suggestion but unfortunately I got the same error. There's no error number.
  • Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    In case this helps, the Quicken log contains this text for today's activity:
    Process id : 700 Thread id : 20628 : Time 20:06:03 : DbC EnsureViolation '0' in AF_DoOnlineActivity (AccountFlowTemplates.cpp @ line # 17630.)
    Process id : 700 Thread id : 20628 : Time 20:06:17 : DbC EnsureViolation 'true == extDataMemberObj.isString()' in CResponseDataBase::BuildErrObj (ResponseDataBase.cpp @ line # 203.)
    Process id : 700 Thread id : 20628 : Time 20:06:17 : DbC EnsureViolation 'false' in CResponseDataBase::BuildErrObj (ResponseDataBase.cpp @ line # 230.)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Sheila Thank you for trying the test file and providing an update!

Since you received the same error in the test file, this would indicate an issue within the server. So, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to investigate the root cause of the error and will likely be required to file an escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.