Account balances update, but no transactions are downloaded

The only way I can get transactions to download from any institution is to go to Account List, deactivate and reactivate each account. This process will only work the one time. Using one-step I get a message that all accounts have completed. The only error message I get is that one transaction cannot upload to the cloud.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and providing us with an update.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @djsmith,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

When you reactivate the account, do you do so through Add Account or Set Up Now? If you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now), please?

If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• djsmith
    djsmith Member ✭✭
    Version: R32.10
    Build 27.1.32.10

Deactivating and reactivating accounts will only download transactions for that time. I have to do this each time I want to download transactions for my accounts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @djsmith

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would next sign out and sign back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below. 

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts 

2. Click sign in as a different user 

3. Type "yes" to sign out 

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results. 

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • djsmith
    djsmith Member ✭✭
    I followed the steps above and received the latest update to Version R32.12 Build 27.1.32.12, and still not downloading transactions.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @djsmith

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Are you able to successfully update if you update through register?

1. Open the transaction register for the account that is not downloading.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.

Do you receive any error messages when attempting to update this way?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • djsmith
    djsmith Member ✭✭
    No, the only way any of my accounts will download transactions is if I deactivate and reactivate each account.
  • MYParker
    MYParker Member
    I have the identical issue with same result with suggested fixes
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and providing us with an update.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

• DoggRed888
    DoggRed888 Member
    I’m having the exact same issue. All accounts say they’ve updated but transactions downloaded is “0”. If I deactivate the accounts and reactivate, they will download transactions during the first connection. After that, it’s back to 0 downloaded. Seems to have happened after most recent update.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m having the exact same issue. All accounts say they’ve updated but transactions downloaded is “0”. If I deactivate the accounts and reactivate, they will download transactions during the first connection. After that, it’s back to 0 downloaded. Seems to have happened after most recent update.

Please follow @Quicken Anja 's advice above and contact Quicken Support by phone. Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.