How much longer do we have to tolerate the downloading of duplicate transactions?

How much longer do we have to tolerate the downloading of duplicate transactions?

Answers

• ajax91
    ajax91 Member ✭✭
    I am very much not happy with the downloading of duplicate transactions for my discover card and citi visa card. This makes the Quicken product pretty much useless for me -- I might as well use my own spreadsheets. When will it be fixed?
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    edited April 2021
    [Removed-No Soliciting]
  • dwhooley
    dwhooley Member ✭✭
    It's happening with Boeing Employees Credit Union accounts as well.

It's seriously annoying.
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    Their customer support is lacking.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1jetlag said:

So that we can get to the bottom of this ...
    Which bank are you downloading transactions from?
    How are you downloading transactions?
    1. I'm using One Step Update regularly
    2. I'm logging on to the bank's website to download a QFX file and import this file into Quicken
    3. I'm having problems with downloaded transactions not appearing in my register after download and I'm constantly resetting or deactivating/reactivating my account
    4. Other or a combination of the above. Please explain.

• 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    USAA Visa and 5th Third. One step update.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide more details about these duplicate transactions. What are these transactions? When do they arrive? Same day or days apart at successive OSUs?
    If you want to do a little research, access the OFXlog file in Quicken (Help / Log Files), then search backwards from the bottom for the downloaded transaction detail. For both banks, locate a couple of those duplicates and copy/paste the transaction detail into your next comment. This would hopefully show us why there are duplicates and what Quicken and/or the bank would have to do to fix that.
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    to UKR

They come the next day.
    I spent a lot of time with all 3 parties on the phone. Quicken blames the other two parties.
    I think it's Quicken's job to resolve this.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @1jetlag

Thank you for the response and the additional details. Please open Quicken and choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

This information will help me isolate the issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    One is Web Connect and the other is direct connect.
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    Bank and credit card accounts get downloaded twice in many cases.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @1jetlag .  Which version (revision) of Quicken do you have installed?  (You can get this from Help > About Quicken.)
    The current version is R33.19.  If you do not have it installed already, I suggest you do that and see if your issue is resolved.  You can update via Quicken's Help > Check for Updates or by downloading and installing the Mondo patch from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Hello @1jetlag

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available HERE and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using as well as the name of the financial institution.

Do you receive any error codes or messages?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    edited July 2021
    How much longer do we have to delete transactions because of repeating entries?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Which financial institution, and what account type?
    EDIT:
    And what is the connection type?  (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, Web Connect)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    VISA through USAA primarily.
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    Web connect I guess.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it is most likely Direct Connect you can find that at the top of the register.  Web Connect is downloading a QFX file and importing it, and USAA doesn't support that.  Some people are using Express Web Connect, but that isn't as good as Direct Connect when it is available.

As for the downloading USAA credit card problems with duplicate transactions.  That is a problem that has been there since January when they switched to their new security model.  Since this information comes directly from USAA and the unique Ids are different even though they are the same transaction, only USAA can fix the problem.  They don't see to be in any hurry to do that though.
    Signature:
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    A little more guidance on Web Connect and direct connect, please.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here is an article on the connection types:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

As for the duplicate transactions, each transaction is given an unique Id.  Quicken saves these unique Ids for a given account.  USAA is the one assigning these unique Ids.  If the same transaction is sent again they are suppose to send the same unique Id so that Quicken can detect that and ignore it.  In the case of the USAA credit card (not their checking/savings accounts) they are sending different unique Ids for the same transaction resulting in duplicate transactions in your register.

You can see the connection type at the top of the register:

On in the account list (Ctrl+A):

Signature: