Why double counting shares in Investing Dashboard Total Value Chart?

Options
Dan18
Dan18 Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I have 11 accounts in the Quicken Dashboard using custom in the Investing Dashboard tab. 3 of the 4 charts - Value Over Time, Top Movers, Value by Position all have the correct info based on total account values. The 4th (top left) chart Total Value shows an incorrect Total Value for my portfolio. The issue is the # of shares in one of the eleven accounts is being doubled. I have reviewed all settings and cannot find any issues. It is perplexing as all accounts are at the same custodian and 10 of the 11 are correct. I am running the latest release 31.20. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @NPG

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to better assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you select the affected account and click on Holdings, are the share counts correct there? 

And what type of account is the bad one? Issues have been reported in the dashboard with Employee Stock Option accounts.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Dan18
    Dan18 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes the holdings in the account are correct as are all other Quicken reports. The Portfolio Value chart on the right reflects the proper portfolio value thus it reflects the proper number of share in its calculation. It is a standard brokerage account like the other 10 at the same custodian. I am an experienced user and have used Quicken at least 15 years. This has me stumped.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So as I poked at my info, I saw that the Dashboard Total Value pane was lower than the account bar.  I tracked the discrepancy to one account and one security that was not being included (different from your being doubled).  As I toggled the securities from All to a selection and then back to All, the problem corrected itself.  

• Dan18
    Dan18 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried that but it did not work for me. Then I cleared all and selected one security in the problem account. The correct value shows in the Value by Security chart but is double in the Total Value chart.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you see the problem for all the securities in the account, or just the one?

A similar issue was reported here
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887416/duplicate-shares
    but there is no indication what the solution was, if any.

Here, an updated version of Quicken fixed it.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884362/investing-dashboard-bug

What version of Quicken are you running?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dan18
    Dan18 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It affects all securities in the account. I saw both of these threads but neither helped. I'm running Quicken Premier subscription with latest update 31.20 in Feb
  • gkratoc1
    gkratoc1 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing going on here. I noticed it first several months ago but restored from a backup and the double value was gone. Now this past week I spent some time cleaning up and removing old options securities from my securities list and then noticed that the problem was back after I ran the validate operation on my Quicken file. Restoring from a backup fixed the issue again and the account shows the correct value instead of double, but this is really annoying because I would like to be able to validate the file to correct any errors without it breaking the account value. I would like to see a solution to this.
  • NPG
    NPG Member
    Options
    I have had this issue same as Dan18. On one account I have 4 mutual funds and all are double counted in Dashboard but correctly counted on the Allocations tab and Networth and other reports. Super annoying. For past few updates for months I am always hopeful this bug will be resolved but much to my dismay it hasnt. Quicken please fix this issue. I use Dashboard mode for all my % changes and it gives false sense of Networth due to doublecounting
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @NPG

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to better assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jlccoulter
    jlccoulter Member ✭✭
    Options
    Has anyone found a resolution to this problem. I have the same issue on 1 of 4 accounts. very frustrating
This discussion has been closed.