Has anyone successfully linked Quicken with a Harley-Davidson credit card (by US Bank)?

I have a Harley-Davidson branded credit card issued by US Bank and cannot link it to Quicken to be able to automatically download transactions
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Dan V,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, we will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, could you please specify the exact name in our financial institution list it is that you are choosing to connect to? And are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) when trying to connect that you could provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dan V
    Dan V Member ✭✭
    I am running version R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12
    There is no Harley-Davidson credit card listed under US Bank so I selected U.S. Bank Internet Banking from the financial institutions list. When I choose this it takes me to the US Bank login for my ID and Password, but then I get the screen saying "Looking for your accounts at U.S. Bank Internet Banking". That just spins and spins with no connection ever occurring. A couple times when I tried it did ask me one of the challenge questions, so perhaps it actually gets to the correct site. However, when I answer it it just goes back to doing nothing.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Dan V Thank you for the additional information.

If you haven't already, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file or within the financial institution servers.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to try adding the account you were unable to add in your original file.

Once that is done, see if you experience the same issue in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dan V
    Dan V Member ✭✭
    I just tried it again. It asked me one of my challenge questions. When I responded I spun for a bit then returned me to the internet banking login screen with a CC-503 message "Oops. Did you mistype your login"? I re-entered my login credentials and then got a CC-502 message "Oops. There is a connection problem".
  • Dan V
    Dan V Member ✭✭
    In a new test file I now just get the CC-502 error
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This HD credit card connection issue has been around for getting close to a year.  Apparently, there was a change last year where the HD card was set up with a unique USB website (a not-uncommon practice with retail branded cards) so people lost their ability to download their HD credit card transactions via the standard USB link.  Here are a couple of threads on the subject:
    There was lots of finger pointing in the past, IMO mostly because of lack of understanding of process protocol.  Per my understanding (based upon similar experiences I've had with Synchrony and Citi retail branded cards):
    • It is the responsibility of the FI to notify Quicken/Intuit of any changes to the connection link so that the FIDIR file can be updated.  It appears this has not been done.
    • Quicken cannot fix this issue on its own but given that this is a known issue for so long I do not understand why Quicken/Intuit cannot make some sort of back door inquiry with the FI to find out if/when they will be providing the new link or if the HD Visa card support for Quicken has been permanently removed.
    • I seriously doubt that the main USB customer service and tech support folks will be able to do anything to help resolve this because it is very likely that they have no responsibility for nor know anything about the USB retail card business.
    One thing I did not see in the threads referenced above (but maybe I missed it) is a suggestion to log into the HD Visa card online account and contact Customer Service at the number they provide on that site (not on the main USB site).
    Given that this has gone on for so long, it is my guess that when HD contracted with USB to set up this new dedicated website they did not include a requirement for Quicken support.  Unless HD contracts with USB for Quicken support, no action will be taken by USB to add support for Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)