One Step Update will not download transactions

Options
When I run One Step Update and it goes through the entire process but no transactions ever show up in downloaded transactions. Seems to only happen on account tied to my banking institution (Honda Federal Credit Union). If I deactivate online service and reactivate or simply reset account it will work one time then not again. When it does work it throws some random transaction in there somewhere named opening balance. This seems to have started a couple of months ago.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @bobcat94

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would recommend signing out and signing back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.  

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts  

2. Click sign in as a different user  

3. Type "yes" to sign out  

4. Sign back in using your existing Quicken ID  

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results.  

-Quicken Tyka  

~~~***~~~
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • bobcat94
    bobcat94 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Quicken_Tyka for trying to help but unfortunately this did not work. I had high hopes for it, though. Something has changed with either my banking institution or Quicken. I am not sure. I can download a quicken file manually from my banks site but that's not as convenient as the express method.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @bobcat94,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue again and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now)?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• James102
    James102 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Talked to Premium Support this morning and was advised "lot of people are having this problem and you should call back in 72 hours if you have not heard anything" I asked if a notice on the fix would be published and agent said yes.
    Jim Ford, Connecticut
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @James102

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you were unable to resolve your issue through support.

What is the name of the bank(s) you are having issues with? Are you experiencing any error messages when you attempt to update?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • bobcat94
    bobcat94 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had decided to just wait it out and eventually it started to work. Unfortunately when it work it added weird transactions again and bungled my balances when it added Opening balance transactions in all my accounts. I got everything cleared up and the balances correct only for it to stop downloading transactions again. Starting to get a little frustrated here.