Error CC-501 - No Hope

I am getting One Step Update error of CC-501 for more than 10 days. I checked the Password Vault and "No password required". The One Step Update Summary reports that the accounts were last update on 4/13/2021. So now what do I do? Keep waiting until the phase of the moon is correct? Delete the accounts and lose their history? If I'm expected to resolve this, at least you could put a link to the logs so I don't have go hunting.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you wish to continue to use the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Steve54@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-501.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error persists for more than 24 hours, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to investigate the root cause of the error and file an escalation in order for it to be resolved.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Steve54@
    Steve54@ Member ✭✭✭
    I think I found a solution. I went to the bank's web site. It wanted an updated password. The bank had changed their account number scheme. The bank allowed me to download a QFX file for the accounts. When importing this file Quicken asks whether it is a new account or an existing account. I can select existing account and map the import to that existing account. Trying to work this from Quicken was never going to work.

The error message CC-501 is misleading because it indicated a Quicken server error. It wasn't your problem. Except that the Vault stating no password was required was misleading. Part of the problem was that the bank wanted an updated password. And changed account numbers added to the confusion.

Quicken really needs to take a look at this error message and suggest to the user that they need to login into their bank.

Once I updated the password at the bank Quicken recognized that it had changed. It asked for a new password. In other words the Vault message that no password required is incorrect!

I like how Quicken handled the import of the QFX file. Asking me to select whether it was a new account or an existing account was good.