Why reconcilation discrepency when there is no discrepency?

I am getting a reconciliation discrepancy of $36 when after triple checking previous balance, new balance, and all purchases and payments I can find no discrepancy.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps, is there a future dated transaction (occurring after your Reconciliation As-of date) that has an "R" in the CLR column?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• There are no future transactions entered yet.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A difference that's evenly divisible by $9 (such as $36) can also be caused by a transposition error.  Have you double checked for those types of errors, which are easy to overlook.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Yes, I have checked 4 times now, and also my Quicken monthly beginning and ending amounts, purchase totals, payments and credits totals all match the paper document from my bank. It seems odd that the Reconciliation Ending Balance and Quicken balance are the same even through a difference is indicated. This is the first time in 20 years I have seen something like this in any of my accounts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @James Culbertson

Thank you for the response and the additional details. At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, sorry, contacting Quicken Support is probably best; if some basic troubleshooting doesn't reveal the "aha!" culprit, it's hard to diagnose reconciliation problems without seeing the screen.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.