UK Pound sterling?

Options
Does quicken for Mac have UK Pound £ sterling facility?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Alan Etienne

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question.

There is a currency option for British Pound as shown below.

To access this menu navigate to the account and select Settings > Details and select the Currency drop-down.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Alan Etienne
    Alan Etienne Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. Please confirm this is the Mac version because I was told on the Chat Support line yesterday that the pound was not on Quicken Mac
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Alan Etienne,

Thank you for your reply. Please confirm this is the Mac version because I was told on the Chat Support line yesterday that the pound was not on Quicken Mac
    The instructions and screenshot previously provided by Quicken_Tyka are from Quicken for Mac.

I apologize that chat support misinformed you. If you happen to have a ticket number for your chat interaction, please provide that here so we can pull the interaction for further review and provide the agent you spoke to with an appropriate coaching opportunity in order to avoid this misinformation in the future.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Alan Etienne
    Alan Etienne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Thank you for your fast reply Anja. I am very impressed with this forum and thank you for your help. I have had three Chats and each time either could not get an answer to my questions or a negative one. I have shown all the details below.

One final question not answered is as follows: What is the most significant difference between Premier for Windows and Mac? Especially in regard to Stocks and Shares investments and reports. If I can get an answer to this I will purchase a Subscription for Premier for Windows and then when I change my machine to a Mac transfer the files . It would help if you could kindly give the link or explain how I can transfer the data from Quicken 2014 Premier, to Premier for Windows as the first step then From Premier for Windows to Mac.

Thanks again for all your help. It was a great recommendation to join the Community

Kind Regards

Alan Etienne

Hello!
    Thank you for contacting Quicken Chat Support my name is Antonio. I will be happy to help you today. May I please have your name, phone number and e-mail address associated with Quicken?
    MeMay 8, 2021, 1:45pm
    Does quicken for mac have multi currency for example £ sterling?
    If I buy quicken Premier for windows subscription then change my computer to Imac do I have to buy a new subscription

AgentMay 8, 2021, 1:47pm
    I’ll be glad to answer any inquiry you may have about Quicken for Mac, just so that I’m able to properly record your case, may I please have your name, and a phone number and e-mail address?
    MeMay 8, 2021, 1:47pm
    I dont have an account. My name is Alan

AgentMay 8, 2021, 1:48pm
    Thank you Alan, we just need the details requested above to properly record a case for this interaction
    MeMay 8, 2021, 1:48pm
    My email is aepayen@[edited for privacy]. My phone number is +1 [edited for privacy]

AgentMay 8, 2021, 1:48pm
    Thank you for the details. One moment please
    Thanks for your patience
    Quicken does include a multicurrency feature for both Mac an Windows
    MeMay 8, 2021, 1:52pm
    Can I import quicken 2014 Premier for Windows data?
    If I buy quicken Premier for windows subscription then change my computer to Imac do I have to buy a new subscription

AgentMay 8, 2021, 1:52pm
    If you purchase the Premier subscription, the subscription version can be used on both Windows or Mac computers, you only need to select the proper download option when installing the program
    if you’re importing 2014 windows data, first you must convert the data to the Subscription version for windows
    Then you may convert it to a Mac version if you need
    MeMay 8, 2021, 1:53pm
    At the moment I am on windows. When I buy a Mac do i need another subscription?
    No, you don’t have to purchase another subscription, as mentioned before, if you purchase the Premier subscription, the subscription version can be used on both Windows or Mac computers
    MeMay 8, 2021, 1:55pm
    What features are missing in the Mac version?
    in comparison with windows
    Most of the main features such as One Step Update, and create reports are in both versions, but there are several differences that would be not possible for me to mention in this chat session
    MeMay 8, 2021, 1:59pm
    Finally when I import the data will it import the different currencies. Say I have some accounts in dollars and others in £ sterling?

AgentMay 8, 2021, 1:59pm
    It’d be a matter that you compare both platforms depending on which features you may use the most
    If you have set up the program in the computer where you’re converting the file to £ sterling, it must import to that currency
    MeMay 8, 2021, 2:01pm
    Is there a page on the quicken website that give me the differences and comparisons?

I read on google that the mac version 2021 does not have multi currency so I am worried about that. Are you 100% sure about that?

AgentMay 8, 2021, 2:06pm
    I’m working on a Mac, I just checked there’s multi currency which shows several different, but let me double check specifically for this currency
    One moment please
    I’m sorry for the inconvenience Alan. I checked the currency list (there’s like a hundred different currencies) and looked for this as “Pound Sterling” but couldn’t find it indeed
    MeMay 8, 2021, 2:11pm
    Did you try just £. It should be there as its a major stock market
    or just pound
    Please try UK pound sterling

AgentMay 8, 2021, 2:13pm
    The list doesn’t show the currency symbol, just the name. And yes I just looked for it as “UK pound sterling” and it’s not there
    There’s Uganda Shilling, Ukrainian Hryvnia, United Arab Emirate Dirham, US Dollars, Uruguayan Pesos, etc
    but no UK pound sterling
    MeMay 8, 2021, 2:15pm
    Ok well that kills it. Thanks for your help. Seems really strange its not there.
    Have a good day. Maybe the next update will have it. Can you feed it in to the Gods

AgentMay 8, 2021, 2:18pm
    Sure, I’ll see if I may send that as a suggestion. You could also go to our Community Forums, and create a profile here, and provide that as a suggestion. It would help to have a potential user to suggest that (https://community.quicken.com/)
    MeMay 8, 2021, 2:19pm
    O thanks for your time and help. I will do that
    have a good day
    AgentMay 8, 2021, 3:08pm
    Hello! This is Andrea, welcome to Quicken support for Windows. May I have your first & last name, phone number and email address linked to the account?
    MeMay 8, 2021, 3:08pm
    I spoke to Antonio earlier on but forgot to ask if Quicken Premier for windows has UK Pound £ sterling currency
    Its alan payen , [edited for privacy]

AgentMay 8, 2021, 3:09pm
    Thank you for the information, let me verify that, one moment please
    I already check and yes it has currency
    MeMay 8, 2021, 3:13pm
    UK Pound £ ?

AgentMay 8, 2021, 3:14pm
    yes
    MeMay 8, 2021, 3:14pm
    What about the Mac Premier version. I could not find this information on the community page

AgentMay 8, 2021, 3:15pm
    one moment please
    let me verify
    I am going to transfer to our Mac department so they can give you the information u need.
    Waiting for agent...
    Agent left conversation
    MeMay 8, 2021, 3:16pm
    thanks
    Agent joined conversation

AgentMay 8, 2021, 3:17pm
    hi, welcome to the Quicken customer service !
    my name is Juan
    how can we help you ?
    MeMay 8, 2021, 3:17pm
    Does Quicken Premier for Mac has UK Pound £ sterling currency
    tahk for your help

AgentMay 8, 2021, 3:20pm
    click on Quicken [left top corner] > preferences > General
    MeMay 8, 2021, 3:21pm
    Yes but google told me it does not have the UK Pound £ currency
    I have not bought it yet

AgentMay 8, 2021, 3:23pm
    MeMay 8, 2021, 3:24pm
    Can you please check the list?

AgentMay 8, 2021, 3:24pm
    that option isn’t available [UK Pound £ currency]
    only de Canadian Dollar
    MeMay 8, 2021, 3:25pm
    Ok thanks for your help Juan. Have a great day

AgentMay 8, 2021, 3:25pm
    is available
    MeMay 8, 2021, 3:25pm
    Best regards Alan
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2021
    Options
    What is the most significant difference between Premier for Windows and Mac?
    For feature differences, I recommend you visit our Plans & Pricing page on our website. When you scroll down you will see the features included in each subscription and use the Windows vs Mac toggle tool (see example below) to view subscriptions features included for each platform. 

It would help if you could kindly give the link or explain how I can transfer the data from Quicken 2014 Premier, to Premier for Windows as the first step then From Premier for Windows to Mac.
    As for data file conversions; please refer to this support article for more information and instructions for Windows to Windows conversion (older versions included) and refer to this support article for Windows to Mac conversion. Please be sure to open the appropriate blue dropdown section(s) in each article.

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any additional questions and/or concerns! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Unfortunately, the comparison page Anja refers to has very few details and gives little insight into the differences between the Windows and Mac versions. Some of those differences are cosmetic, some are different ways of doing things that nonetheless get you to roughly the same result, and some are things you can do in the Windows version that you just can't in the Mac version. I've read comments from fellow users about feature differences between the platforms, but as a lifelong Quicken Mac user who has never used the Windows version, I don't feel qualified to try to lay out those differences.

I'd suggest you create a new post with a subject line to try to catch the eye of Quicken Windows users who have converted to Quicken Mac, along line lines of "Quicken Windows to Mac: what's missing/different for tracking investments?"
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Alan Etienne
    Alan Etienne Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Jacobs, I’ve done that now so let’s see the response
This discussion has been closed.