Downloading transaction attachments (receipt images) to my computer?

Options
J Wright
J Wright Member
I snap a photo of a receipt and attach it to a transaction via my mobile app. it works. everything is uploaded into the cloud ad shows up on my PC quicken register. For my expense Reports and future Tax deductions for my CPA in case i am audited, I can run a report thru quicken of specific transactions BUT the attachment doesn't show up. How do I download the transactions WITH the attachments? of how do I download the attachments onto my PC in a jpeg or pdf format?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @J Wright,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, Quicken for Windows does not have this feature available right now. Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead. If you would like to see this feature be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote to it.

Our Development and Product teams frequently uses our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No the export doesn't have any kind of OCR, the only thing you can do is export it back out as an image.
    I believe there is also an "Idea" thread asking for OCR, but I'm not sure where that thread is.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @J Wright,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, Quicken for Windows does not have this feature available right now. Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead. If you would like to see this feature be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote to it.

Our Development and Product teams frequently uses our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This answer seems a bit "incomplete".

First off your images that you are attaching using Mobile/Web should download to the Desktop data file when you sync.  Note that you can't attach/sync PDF files to Mobile/Web (you can attach them to the Desktop data file, but they will not sync).

What you can't do is get a report that shows what transactions have attachments, that would be the "new idea".  You can see attachments if you are in the register.
    Signature:
  • J Wright
    J Wright Member
    Options
    i get what you are saying and indeed the photo attachments are there in the quicken sync. i would like to know if there is a way to download said attachments as a jpeg or pdf file? there is an export function that makes the attachment a *.transaction receipt, something which my computer does not recognize. I therefore cannot understand what the export option really is for? i was hoping i could export the image to a readable format that could be saved separately on my computer...for expense reporting or IRS reporting
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No the export doesn't have any kind of OCR, the only thing you can do is export it back out as an image.
    I believe there is also an "Idea" thread asking for OCR, but I'm not sure where that thread is.
    Signature:
  • John@33
    John@33 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

For those interested in this, please upvote these two idea posts. It isn't obvious, but it's the tiny black up arrow at the bottom of the original post. It turns gray once you've casted your vote.

This discussion has been closed.