Quicken Mac should automatically update Quicken Mobile — and vice versa!

Scott Rose
Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
edited October 2023 in Ideas for Mobile
When trying to synchronize transactions between Quicken Mac and Quicken Mobile, we are typically required to MANUALLY click on the "Update All Online Accounts" button in Quicken Mac. But this should be an AUTOMATIC function!

The "Update All Online Accounts" button only refreshes itself automatically when we launch Quicken Mac, but it would be awesome if the "Update All Online Accounts" button automatically updated under these 2 circumstances:

1. After we type in new transactions in Quicken Mac, the "Update All Online Accounts" should automatically update in order to send those new transactions to Quicken Mobile.

2. After a new transaction is typed into Quicken Mobile and updates the Quicken cloud, the "Update All Online Accounts" in Quicken Mac should automatically update itself so that new Quicken Mobile transactions are put into Quicken Mac.

Thanks!
Scott
28 votes

Planned · Last Updated

This request has been accepted by the Development team for future implementation. However, there is no ETA on when this will be available. QMAC-26012

Comments

• Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023

Whenever we launch Quicken Mac, we want Quicken Mac to automatically bring in all of our transactions from Quicken Mobile. 

And whenever we quit Quicken Mac, we want Quicken Mac to automatically send our newly-entered transactions to Quicken Mobile.

However, none of this ever happens automatically in Quicken Mac.

We are always forced to MANUALLY remember to MANUALLY click on the "Update All Online Accounts" button in Quicken Mac, whenever we want to sync between Quicken Mac and Quicken Mobile.

Please make this process automatic.

The irony here is that it seems like Quicken Mac automatically syncs stock quote prices for our portfolio accounts as soon as we launch Quicken Mac, but it never automatically syncs between Quicken Mac and Quicken Mobile.  

Be sure to click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count in the blue banner below, so your vote will count (it may take a moment for your vote to register).(If it is black, your vote has been registered)

Your VOTE matters!
    [Merged Post]

• gary
    gary Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023

Sync to Quicken Cloud is checked in my one step update settings, but mobile sync does not work unless I manually go intoQuicken Mobile and Web and press the Sync Now button. This One Step Update function is broken.

[Merged Post]

• gary
    gary Member ✭✭
    I am seeing One Step Update not completing the mobile sync on the Windows version as well.
  • pliu
    pliu Member
    As for #1, it is a great idea. Also, I would like option to turn off "Update All Online Account" each time we type in new transaction. If I am working on a lot of transaction, I would like it to hold on the update until I am done. Having that keep on running might slow down the system since I am still making changes. Unless Quicken implemented this in a way that won't pause/stuck/slow down/corrupt data in anyway.

#2, same idea.

In addition to those 2 circumstances, I would like Quicken to be updated daily or by scheduling option (like twice a day) of some sort by itself without any interaction, like opening Quicken or using it. So, if I didn't use it for 1 week while traveling, it will still be up-to-day (within hours, rather than 1 whole week).
  • MplsP
    MplsP Member ✭✭
    Totally agree - every other financial software I have used would at the very minimum update when you opened the program. Having no way to schedule auto updates is a big miss, IMO.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2023

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available 

here

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

[Merged Post]

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Scott Rose
    Scott Rose Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023

I've gotten accustomed to always clicking on the sync button, but it would be nice for this to happen on its own.

[Merged Post]

• jdpmus
    jdpmus Member
    This should be a standard feature at best. Why the foot-dragging?
  • Paul Mackey
    Paul Mackey Member
    edited August 2023

Agree with Scott. Should be a simple option to select Quicken desktop to sync to mobile automatically

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Anja

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja

Hello again,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. However, we do not have an ETA available.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• pa_frazier
    pa_frazier Member ✭✭

I'm voting we move this forward to an actual solution - automatic updates really should be part of the available settings. Let's make this happen soon please? This thread is now almost 4 years old! I'm not seeing a place to "vote". The benefit should be obvious - launch the program and have it update to work with the most current account balances.