Amazon Store credit card will not authenticate - biller account locked

Instructions on screen say to enter your Amazon.com login information. I enter my Amazon.com login info and it returns a "failed authentication". What do I do?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Axe21

Thanks for the update and letting us know you're still having issues. With the issue persisting I would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll try additional troubleshooting steps to try figuring out why we're receiving the locked biller message each time. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mark73012

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please navigate to the Bills and Income Tab and choose the "Gear" icon.

Then choose "Validate Online Billers" do you receive any messages after completing this step or are you able to successfully add bills.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Axe21
    Axe21 Unconfirmed, Windows Beta Beta
    I have been trying to add my store card and get an error saying my account is locked (see attached). I've spoken to both the bank and Amazon and they are saying there is nothing wrong with my account. 
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    I can't download the current invoice from Synchrony/Amazon credit. I keep on getting a message that the Account is locked when I try to reestablish the connection in the Bills & Income tab.

I've called Amazon/Synchrony and they tell me my account is NOT locked, and when I talk to Quicken Support they tell me there is nothing they can d since the account is locked.

Duhhhh! Double finger pointing?

The Online bill invoiced worked for Amazon a few weeks ago!
  • Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    I am running into the same issue with Synchrony/JC Penney. I believe Quicken needs to update their system to reflect the new address/system being used by Synchrony. It's as if Quicken is connecting to the older system which is pulling up the old credit card account which in my case was replaced with JC Penney Mastercard from the old rewards card.. My account is not locked nor is the Express Web Connect having any issues. Only the dang biller. I have reported it to Quicken a dozen times but it's still not fixed.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Axe21

Thanks for the update and letting us know you're still having issues. With the issue persisting I would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll try additional troubleshooting steps to try figuring out why we're receiving the locked biller message each time. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @John Nastasi & @Monte Bliss,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest Validating Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the Gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @John Nastasi & @Monte Bliss,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?* Help > About Quicken

R33.24
    Build 27.1.33.24

> To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest Validating Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the Gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Previously ran validate many times with no success. I have done both the deletion of or ignore the incomplete or missing bill.

Message states "Account is locked. Login to your biller's website to check the status of the account."
    This seems like a bogus message as it all started when my JCP Rewards card was replaced with the new JCP Mastercard and their website changed. Nothing is locked per Synchrony. Keep in mind, my connection to that same account via Express Web Connect is working without issues, only the biller. It appears several other threads are indicating you are having issues trying to keep up with Synchrony bills or downloads. The website is incorrect. You should be pointing to https://jcpenney.syf.com not jcpcreditcards.com. That doesn't exist anymore. Please escalate this to development or your biller provider..
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?
    I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late. In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder that does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    I'm using R33.24.

Validating On-line billers just deletes the Billers. Reestablishing the biller connection does not work. I still receive an error that the Synchrony/Amazon account is locked. According to Synchrony, there is not a lock on my account.

This seems to be a recurring problem with Synchrony as well as some other billers like Chase and Citi Banks.

It is really getting to a point that I DO NOT TRUST the Bills & Income tab biller information and find myself constantly manually checking my accounts to see if any new bills have shown up..
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John Nastasi

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would like to investigate this issue a bit further. Do so I will need the name of the dataset that you are using.

To locate the dataset, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. This name may differ from the file name so it is important to confirm the name under preferences.

Please let me know what you find.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    There is no file name in

Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John Nastasi

Thank you for the response and the additional details. To clarify, what do you see in the edit menu?

Is the screen completely blank or do you see any details? Please let me know so we can work towards a resolution.
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    The only thing I see is my Quicken ID, Email address and contact info.
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    Also a link for "Update Profile" and a link for "Sign in as a different user"
  • Mark73012
    Mark73012 Member ✭✭
    This is the error message. I logged into my Amazon account, then into the Synchrony Bank (servicer of Amazon accounts) without a problem. No locked account. I find it odd that I would be the only one having an issue here. Transaction downloads in the accounts area works fine. So the problem is localized to the Bill Manager.
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    Here is what I see.
  • DH100
    DH100 Member ✭✭
    Having the exact same problem. Neither Amazon nor the synchrony accounts are locked. When adding the Amazon store card as a biller. account. This just happened today. Tried to reset. Deactivate, reactivate then finally added the Amazon Store as a biller.

Using R33.24
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken_Tyka. Any update on getting Amazon Synchrony Bills & Income link fixed? Status please!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John Nastasi

Thank you for the response and for following up with this issue. I have gone ahead and reported this issue to our service provider.

Please allow 48 hours before attempting to update once more. Please let me know if you continue to experience the locked-out message after waiting 48 hours.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you, let me know if you need anything.
  • Marz21
    Marz21 Member
    I had a similar problem and was able to get it fixed.  

First I a had to deactivate the Amazon Store Card online services.  
       Next I could not just try to reactivate the service as it gave me a bad userid & login - I think because it was going against synchronybank.com and not the retail cards.  

So, go to the account page and change the financial institution from Synchrony to Amazon...that's not the actual full name, but it brings you to a list of accounts and you can select the Amazon card by Synchrony 

Enter in your info and it will find your card and ask you if you want to link it your existing account.   

Now everything works. 

• Marz21
    Marz21 Member
    To be clear, instead of "<span>go to the account page", I should have said, "go to Edit Account Details" in Quicken. </span>
  • Mark73012
    Mark73012 Member ✭✭
    So today I got a new "SMS" authentication question. After I entered that authentication code received, it downloaded the billing statement. Never saw that before so I'm not sure if Quicken and Amazon just finally caught up with each other, or my computer did something. But for now, it appears I am all set.
  • aqsylvia
    aqsylvia Member ✭✭
    Marz21 - that worked! Thank you!
  • > @Marz21 said:
    > I had a similar problem and was able to get it fixed.  

Your solution worked for me, too.
This discussion has been closed.