I am getting OL-221-A and OL-221-B errors with East West Bank downloads. Started in March.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @msinha1925

Thank you for the response and clarification. Were you able to contact the bank directly to report this issue?

If not, I would recommend contacting them directly to report this issue. You may need to ask for a supervisor or higher support. You may also contact Quicken Care directly and request that the agent contact the financial institution with you to help gain traction.

Please let us know how it goes.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @msinha1925

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Do you know if you're using Direct connect or express web connect? Both the connections are able to get the error but have different troubleshooting steps in order to resolve the issue. You can check by right clicking on one of your accounts and selecting edit/delete. From there select online services and you should see your connection type listed.

We are still able to try some basic troubleshooting for the issue here. I'll leave an article down below with more information.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-ol-220-ol-221-ol-222-ol-223-ol-224-ol-225-or-ol-226-when-using-online-services

Once you get a chance let us know more and we'll take a look to see what we're able to do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• msinha1925
    msinha1925 Member ✭✭
    Currently all the EWB accounts are setup as direct connect.
    In March EWB changed their web and login names. Since then I am having the problem. EWB direct connect login and PW have remained the same in my Quicken.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @msinha1925

Thanks for the update. Since your bank changed the login I'm wondering it's an issue possibly with reauthorizing or if the connection in general is having issues since then. One way to try this though is to try in a test file. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Note when setting up the account you'll want to make sure you're selecting direct connect as well. You can do so by clicking advanced options when you're selecting the bank.

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• msinha1925
    msinha1925 Member ✭✭
    I restored a file from early February and tried to update from EWB. This time I got the error OL-332-A. I tried to use the new login and PW but no luck
  • msinha1925
    msinha1925 Member ✭✭
    I created a new file and tried adding EWB accounts. Get error CC-503
  • msinha1925
    msinha1925 Member ✭✭
    EWB no longer supports Direct Connect. Quicken forces me to use Direct Connect by default.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @msinha1925,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

EWB no longer supports Direct Connect. Quicken forces me to use Direct Connect by default.
    Have you tried going through Advanced Options to connect via Express Web Connect instead of Direct Connect to see if that will work? Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Tools > Add Account
    2. Search for your financial institution name (East West Bank)
    3. Select your financial institution name in the list so it's highlighted in blue
    4. Then click Advanced Options on the right side of the window (see below)
    5. Next, you will receive the "How should Quicken connect?"-window (see below); in there, select the first option for Express Web Connect and click Next
    6. Sign in using your Online Banking login credentials for this financial institution
    I suggest you try this in a new (test) file first, before doing so in your main file. If you are able to successfully connect and add the account in the test file, you can then switch back to your main data file and try the same steps again.

However, before performing these steps in your main file, I do also recommend that you Save a backup first (just in case), and make sure that the existing account(s) are deactivated. Then, if it successfully connects and finds your account(s) in your main file, please be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• msinha1925
    msinha1925 Member ✭✭
    No luck with this either. I get CC-503 error, even with a new file.
    I wonder if EWB is no longer allowing to connect with Quicken? Not getting an answer from EWB.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @msinha1925

Thanks for the update. This sounds like there might be an issue on the backend that's causing the issues. I would recommend contacting Quicken Support so that we're able to collect logs to see what exactly is happening. I'll leave our  hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• msinha1925
    msinha1925 Member ✭✭
    Tried that, but they did not ask for any logs and I was told to contact the bank.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @msinha1925

Thank you for the response and clarification. Were you able to contact the bank directly to report this issue?

If not, I would recommend contacting them directly to report this issue. You may need to ask for a supervisor or higher support. You may also contact Quicken Care directly and request that the agent contact the financial institution with you to help gain traction.

Please let us know how it goes.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • margiefromsf
    margiefromsf Member ✭✭
    I am also having the same problem with East West's Web Connect. I've contacted East West which recently updated its software; but they claim that the problem is a Quicken problem.
  • msinha1925
    msinha1925 Member ✭✭
    I spent a lot of time with both EWB and Quicken. Neither seem to be able to resolve it and neither are accepting that they have a problem. Very frustrating.
  • margiefromsf
    margiefromsf Member ✭✭
    I have spoken to East West Bank IT Dept. Personal bank accounts can no longer connect to Quicken, effective 1/18/21. (Downloading the QFX files for manual import does NOT work.) Personally, I find it antiquated that a bank can make a business decision of not providing Quicken services to "personal" accounts. Meanwhile, Quicken services continue for EW "business" accounts. This is what happens when you try to support a neighborhood bank.
  • msinha1925
    msinha1925 Member ✭✭
    Do they have any idea if or when this will get resolved?
  • margiefromsf
    margiefromsf Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    East West has escalated this issue for a fix. There's no doubt that EW discontinued Quicken access; they will attempt to have their vendor re-establish Quicken for "personal" accounts within 30 days (my deadline). Regardless they will notify me. I didn't ask, but I suspect East West supports Quickbook, the accounting software of "businesses."
  • msinha1925
    msinha1925 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for updating me. I did notice an update to Quicken yesterday but it still did not allow connection to EWB - said login/PW error (CC-503). Do I have to call EWB to set it up again? Please keep me in the loop. Thanks again
  • margiefromsf
    margiefromsf Member ✭✭
    I also get a login/pw error code when I input the correct information. I am pretty sure that EW made a cost analysis and decided to discontinue connectivity to Quicken services. I will call EW next week but don't expect much. I am already researching a new bank for my account.
  • margiefromsf
    margiefromsf Member ✭✭
    I installed CSV2QFX from Propersoft to convert my csv files to qfx. This will allow me to reconcile my EW bank accounts before I switch to a new bank. https://download.cnet.com/CSV2QFX/3000-2066_4-75362860.html
This discussion has been closed.