How do I find transaction history for a security that I own?

Options
mdrock
mdrock Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Trying to see past history for a security that I own

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @mdrock  You're looking for the history you have in your Quicken file, right? [This response is for Quicken Mac, because the question was posted to the Investing (Mac) section.]

If this security is held in just one account, then click on that account in the left sidebar. If you own the security in multiple accounts, click on a group heading such as Brokerage, Retirement, or Investing. Click on the Transactions tab. Make sure you have the Security/Payee or Security column visible. Then type the security name in the Search box in the upper right. This will result in a transaction register showing all the transactions for that Security. You can click on the Date heading to reverse the date order if you wish. You can print this as a report or export it should you need to.

When you're done, click Clear Filters to go back to all transactions. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    [Sorry, this answer is for QWin. See @jacobs's answer above for QMac]

You can run the Reports > Investing > Investment Transactions report.

Click the gear at the top right to customize. Click on the Securities tab and select just the security you want to see. If you just want to see transactions in one account, you can select that as well, or after customizing you can subtotal the report by account to see the securities separated that way. Click OK to save the customization.

Set the date range for the report, Earliest to date to see all dates

QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @mdrock,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

If you don't mind, could you please verify which platform of Quicken you have currently running; Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac?

The reason I ask is that your question was posted in a Quicken for Mac category, however, upon checking your profile account; it appears that you are using Quicken for Windows.

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mdrock
    mdrock Member
    Options
    Mac OS 10.14
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @mdrock So does my post above get you what you're looking for?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.