Duplicate transactions? (Q Mac)

After downloading new transactions from Santander Bank, many transactions are duplicated. It's frustrating to say the least, as it makes the statement on Quicken totally unreliable. Never had this problem before.
Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @FranckLazare

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.

This FAQ provides some details on why duplicates may happen, most often the quickest solution is to simply remove the duplicates.

If this is a persistent issue, depending on the situation it may be escalated by support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care will need to review the logs to determine the cause of the issue to provide the appropriate next step for resolution.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tom29
    tom29 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    [removed - sarcastic/violation of community guidelines]
  • I'm having the same problem, this is very frustrating. It's been going on for allmost a week.

Any update on a fix?
  • I have opened a case with Quicken, this is definitely an integration problem between Quicken Web Connect & Santander. It started approximately 5 days . Santander is sending double transactions for each entry with two different unique "Downloaded ID"s. Not that it really matters, but I'm using Windows..

To reproduce your issue, you can create a "Test" data file, don't link to Mobile. Create a new account connecting to Santander, Quicken will automatically create all your Santander accounts and download tons of duplicate transactions.

You can enable "Downloaded ID" in your register columns to see the duplicate entries with unique IDs.

Another interesting issue that I cannot reproduce, but will certainly do so if it comes back. I enter all my transactions and use the Santander integration for balancing purposes. As I downloaded and/or accepted the non-duplicated entries last week, Quicken wiped out all of my splits. The assigned category completely got removed on some of the non-split transactions.

These are huge issues and I've been using Santander integration for since 2004 and may others from the first time Intuit integrated with financial institutions.

Now that we all have to pay the subscription for Quicken every year, our expectation is that a data corruption issue such as these get handled in a high priority manner.

Funny thing was Quicken Tier 1 Technical Support wanted me to contact Santander on Quickens behalf... What?

I will update this thread after Quicken works with Santander to repair the Integration.

John
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    [Removed-Off Topic]
  • I have not been able to get confirmation from Quicken Support that this has been repaired, I have replied to my ticket a couple times asking to see if it has been repaired as well as the root cause.

I have had a couple days where the download has been working correctly, I was hoping others are seeing this as well?
  • stetsonn
    stetsonn Member
    I am also having a problem with duplicate transactions with Santander as you have described. Santander says it's not their issue and quicken support tells me its the bank....extremely frustrating!!!!
  • John Porcello
    John Porcello Member ✭✭
    I've been currently downloading transactions every day since Quicken started having this issue. I have had a couple random duplicate transactions in the last couple weeks, but nothing like the original issue that cleared up in less than a week. I am using Quicken for Windows so that could make a difference for your current issue.

I have asked for the root cause over and over and Quicken Support ignores my e-mails. I can tell you that no matter what Quicken says, this is their issue to solve, they need to work with Santander to rectify the issue, not us as paying subscription users to their financial software.

I'm very disappointed in Quicken' s Support on this important issue and I agree it's very frustrating!!!
  • stetsonn
    stetsonn Member
    Just spent an hour on the phone troubleshooting. It definitely is a problem with quicken's sync with Santander - no other accounts at other institutions have this problem. I think my "ticket" is being escalated - we'll see what happens!
  • John Porcello
    John Porcello Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the update, I will make sure I watch for duplicates tomorrow, I definitely had some today.
  • Chaos401
    Chaos401 Member
    I am also having this issue. Duplicate records, unique Quicken Download ID. So it appears quicken is grabbing the same financial transaction from Santander, but Santander is identifying it differently. Of course, when I verify my Santander checking account, there are no duplicate transactions and my balance is accurate on the banking site.
  • Sooner0n0TX
    Sooner0n0TX Member ✭✭
    I too am having this issue but with USAA credit card accounts. Every day for more than a month I get duplicate transactions downloaded. I'm using Quicken for Mac if that makes any difference. I've called USAA but they don't have a solution but have heard of the problem. So others are reporting it to USAA.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are aware of the duplicate transaction download issue and are working with our service provider on a resolution, though we do not have an ETA on when that will be. Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue and we appreciate your patience, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• John Porcello
    John Porcello Member ✭✭
    Hello Anja,
    Thank you for confirming this, I have had a case open since 2/10/2021 and cannot get support to even respond. Can this issue be escalated, it has been going on for almost 2 months now and it's extremely difficult to balance accounts. I can help troubleshoot this if someone is willing to work with me.

I download transactions daily for Santander and many other financial partners.

Kind regards,
    John
  • donnarey
    donnarey Member ✭✭
    I have had duplicate transactions since Jan -- so far there has been no help. I've created a whole new file, created new accounts and the Santander ones have dups. It was nice to see that Quicken acknowledge an aggregation problem - but for me it was not just one week in March -- its been since Jan and still continues. Maybe they will finally fix it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @donnarey  It's not clear whether your Santander problem is a Quicken problem or a Santander problem; often such a problem is because the financial institution is not correctly using and maintaining unique transaction ID codes for each transaction, which is what Quicken uses to eliminate duplicates. I'd suggest contacting Quicken Support to see if they are aware of any such issues with Santander.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • kimlapine
    kimlapine Member
    Has this issue been resolved for Quicken Mac yet??? I've been having major issues with duplicate transactions being downloaded from my Santander account EVERY time I sync up. I spend at least an hour each time i try to reconcile my register, deleting several duplicate transactions for each date....and it appears the duplicates are random....its never the same number of duplicates or the same payees. This has been going on since February....and I cannot find a solution. Please advise!
  • Raymo
    Raymo Member
    I’m having the same problem, it’s very frustrating. Has anyone tried a different financial software solution?
This discussion has been closed.