Like to be able to sync foreign accounts/currencies with Quicken Mobile (85 Legacy Votes)

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I just discovered on a trip to the US that my US accounts were missing from my mobile version.  After reading through this thread there is no committed date to add this feature to mobile.  The lack of commitment is frustrating.

Do you have the CA version?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I just discovered on a trip to the US that my US accounts were missing from my mobile version.  After reading through this thread there is no committed date to add this feature to mobile.  The lack of commitment is frustrating.

Also, don't forget to click VOTE at the top of the page to have your vote counted.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to reply on this thread, and for the great feedback! To clarify, the Quicken Community is primarily a user to user support forum. It is moderated by a small group of Quicken employees who help in the Community when and where we can; however, our primary role is to keep the Community a clean, fun place for all.
    At this time, our primary focus for the mobile companion app is to resolve any reported bugs and ensure the app is consistently functioning properly for all users. Once this has been confirmed, our Product Developers plan to improve and expand the application and features available. The Idea threads on our Community are periodically reviewed by our Product Developers for insight on what new features and functionality our Users would like to see in the program.  The more votes an Idea receives, the higher it is prioritized for possible implementation in the future.

We appreciate you taking the time to share this great Idea and encourage you to browse through other Ideas posted by Users in the Community and add your vote to the Ideas you'd like to see implemented.

Best regards,
    Alex

Hi Alex, any update on the ability to use multi-cuurency for the quicken App? It would be VERY VERY helpful to have, as it would allow us the ability to correctly engage the budgeting function on the app, which is a major drawcard to using the app. Look forward to hearing back. Regards
    Rick
  • rich
    rich Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    at a minimum, allow foreign cash accounts (balances and transactions) to be visible in the app.  i currently use both iPad and Android mobile apps.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes, cash accounts! There is no reason for this to be difficult, they are just like US cash accounts. Your customers travel. Your customers live abroad. Make your upgrades worth paying for Quicken!
  • I recently had to upgrade from Quicken for Mac 2017 into the new Deluxe 2019 Version 5.11.0 (Build 511.25626.100) just to have multi currency conversion into the home currency properly displayed in the group and subgroups balances.

The mobile app for IOS must have the same functionality. The home screen with subtotals and total, reports such as top trending categories, spending over time, net income over time, monthly summary, etc, are totally useless, as the IOS app is adding values from different currencies without converting and assuming they are all in the same home currency. If this is not fixed, the IOS app is pretty much useless.
  • When will we be able to see all accounts in the Quicken Mobile App, including those in other currencies
  • When will we be able to see all accounts in Quicken Mobile App, including those which are in currencies other that US dollars?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your guess is as good as anyone else.
    Quicken does not announce future features.
    QMobile was a good example of that, unless you were a beta tester, no one knew, it just dropped out of the blue when QW2013 was released.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Do please add this functionality!!!
    On mobile!!
  • mechettif
    mechettif Member
    Im a foreign user of quicken since 2005 (US version). I updated to quicken 2015 (US version) to have the mobile app, but then I realized it is not possible to have accounts in foreign currency on the mobile app. Im sure there will be lot of international users of quicken and this will be a good feature to have. Hope we can have it soon!!
  • matheld
    matheld Member
    Until now the mobile versions could not be used if you had accounts in different currencies.
  • dukeofearl.p
    dukeofearl.p Member ✭✭
    Same issue in Australia, no support, very disappointing.
  • AF28
    AF28 Member ✭✭
    This feature is one of the most requested... Full multicurrency integration. Please Quicken, keep an eye on it.. This upgrade would prabably open market for you, bringing a lot of costumers all around the world that think that feature is extremelly necessary.
  • I unfortunately stopped using quicken last year because of this. I mean, It does not seem to be a hard ask to have multi-currently accounts Sync. All my main accounts are in other currencies. So what is the use paying for a new version of quicken if I cannot make use of the mobile features? :(
  • Taylor
    Taylor Member ✭✭
    I live outside the United States most of the year. I will not recommend Quicken to friends and colleagues until there is foreign currency capability on the iOS app.
  • dukeofearl.p
    dukeofearl.p Member ✭✭
    I'm based in Australian and recently moved over from Quicken to Moneydance after 20 years. Quicken have no idea how much business they are missing out on by not having foreign currency support, we have no web or app compatibility in Australia so there is no point in paying for features that we cant use.

How about one of you dedicated members of the Quicken team who monitor this forum push this feature up the chain, become a hero with a big pay rise to boot after Quicken's turnover suddenly spikes with new customers all around the world.

If i worked for the company this would be the first thing i would push for. Not to many years ago their was a Quicken Australia and this program was the number one application recommended by accountants and financial advisors. There are literally thousands of customers here that would jump back on board given the international currency and local App support.

Someone at Quicken needs to slap themselves very hard to wake up to the missed opportunity that Australia and many other countries can offer.
  • tongscom
    tongscom Member
    :s When will Quicken add mobile/web support for non USD account?

I don't live in the US, and I'd been using Quicken for over 10 years. My last version was 2015. I bought this new subscription version mainly for the mobile feature. But only to found it does not support non USD account. Very disappointed.
  • I have the Canadian edition of Quicken. When using quicken mobile it doesn’t convert US$ to Cdn$ in calculating the net worth
  • carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I am an Australian user who recently moved over to Quicken Canada from Reckon Personal Plus in Australia.

Reckon, charged an exorbitant annual subscription for a product that has not been updated for years and has no support. I think you will find a lot more Australians making the switch as the files transfer over very well in Australian dollars and date format.

I can live without One Step Update as I have few shares now but the icing on the cake would be if the Web and Mobile apps supported foreign currencies. I knew about this when I managed to download the Quicken app from the US Apple store and my accounts do actually show up in the app but won't allow me to get any further.

What I can't understand is that I am a member of a Facebook Group of dissatisfied Reckon users in Australia (there are a lot of us!) and one member has got the mobile app and web working in Australian dollars. He is, however, using the Mac version of Quicken so is this the reason his works?

If it does work for Mac versions, surely it wouldn't be that hard to adapt it for Windows? Would be really interested to know how his working.

[Edited-Readbility]
  • dukeofearl.p
    dukeofearl.p Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    [removed - no soliciting]
  • BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    Yes need mobile to properly handle foreign currencies
  • I'm also one of the many Australians who have changed over to Quicken Deluxe from Reckon, which I started using in 1993! The lack of development of the product and their insistence on locking in users to continue paying the subscription to access our data are the main reasons for me.

Could I add my vote please for AUD to be added as a syncable currency so that we Aussies can also use mobile and Web.
  • I have been a Quicken user since 1995 - started using it in the U.S., and continued to use when I moved to Singapore. I have been considering shifting to other applications, but would consider staying on Quicken if my data entry can be made easier by using the mobile transaction entry. Unfortunately, since the mobile version does not support foreign currency, the mobile app is essentially useless for me - most of my day-to-day spending is in SGD. Please add this capability if you want to keep this 26-year user!
  • Civico6Home
    Civico6Home Member ✭✭
    I'm from Europe and use Quicken in foreign currency (Euro); of course, I cannot take advantage of accounts connected to European Financial Institutions (because they are not listed). Even if I manage accounts manually, however Quicken is very useful for me.
    Then, I cannot understand why I cannot have these accounts synced with Quicken Mobile (even if managed manually).
  • leifliege
    leifliege Member
    Count me in for multi-currency support in Quicken Mobile. Currently, my balance overview information is completely useless as the app counts my foreign currency the same as my US currency, making my numbers run in the 100s of thousands. I wish I had $54K in cash but definitely did not spend $9K on food & dining!
  • Hillel
    Hillel Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Community" said:
    > Currently I'm unable to sync foreign account to the web, so I don't see them in the mobile app.
    > It would really help me a lot if I can see my transactions on my mobile for these accounts.
    > And the app itself is also not available in The Netherlands in the Play Store.

same here
  • GBBK
    GBBK Member
    I’ve been a Quicken user since 1989 (yes, DOS!). I have lived outside the US since that time. I think it is very important for Quicken to address foreign based users’ needs regarding multicurrency support for Quicken Mobile. Even if Quicken does not sync with foreign bank accounts, Quicken and Quicken Mobile should at least be able to sync with each other, presumably via the web, so that users can enter their expenses when they are out or travelling away from home. This would not be as complicated as syncing with foreign bank accounts. Let’s not confuse those two issues. There is a huge potential market out here in the world for Quicken if it could just address its foreign based users’ needs. After some emails and posts, I even wrote an old fashioned (paper) letter to Quicken about this, but no response. Other companies have solved this issue. Come on, Quicken!
  • Evd
    Evd Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023

Currently all amounts in Quicken Mobile (iOS) are displayed with the $ sign.
    As I live in Europe, and use Euro, request is to display the Euro sign, or alternatively no currency sign in front of the amounts.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

Hello

@Evd

, unfortunately at this time Quicken is only supported in the US and Canada however I'll update your post as an idea, thank you for your feedback! :smile:
    - Quicken Jade

[Merged Post]