NFCU Issues connecting and downloading in all NFCU accounts

Can not connect or download any transictions with any NFCU accounts. Tried to disconnect and reconnect and no access. Called NFCU (Navy Federal Credit Union) and all online access is enables. Please help things have been un-stable for several weeks

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @wjkjr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, we will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) when attempting to connect that you could provide us with here, please? And can you please confirm whether or not you are able to sign in to access your account(s) without issues on NFCU's Online Banking website?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wjkjr
    wjkjr Member ✭✭
    Deluxe, V = R33.4, Build 27.1.33.24, WIN 10 Home - now it is just kicking me out and asking to try again or enter transas=ctions manually... very reustrating... willing to up grade to Premire if it would let me talk to someone Live .... been a Quicken user for very long time..
  • wjkjr
    wjkjr Member ✭✭
    on a different NFCU account I'm getting CC-505... I have not deactivated that account .. on the previous account I Deactivated to re-activate which has worked in the past..
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    wjkjr said:
    ... willing to up grade to Premire if it would let me talk to someone Live .... been a Quicken user for very long time..
    Have you tried contacting support?  That's how you get a live person.

Since NFCU continues to have these problems, I have just deactivated my accounts and then gone the the NFCU web site and downloaded a QXF file from my primary account.  That will set NFCU up for web connect so that requesting update from that account will take you to site for manual downloads.  It's a bit cumbersom but at least it allows me to keep them current.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• MES
    MES Member
    VR33.24 - NFCU still not working. Very frustrated Quicken should have put out some kind of notice. Instead the app prompted me down some path that led to a second account being set up for checking, but with no transactions, original account now has a circle with a line through it. So I went to a backup file and now I get feedback "you are using a backup file" so it can't do updates. So I came onto to web site and behold - i am not alone in things not working.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2023

@wjkjr Thank you for the additional information and @MES for adding to this discussion.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• fillinger990
    fillinger990 Member ✭✭
    I have been a Quicken user for over 10 years... I have tried EVERYTHING above... NOTHING from NFCU will work, (Account updates) It worked a month ago... So SOMETHING changed.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @fillinger990

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.