Does anyone in Community have a Quicken account with the Cayman National Bank(CNB)

Options
Have used Q with several US financial institutions for years. We recently opened an account with the CNB and I want to export our CNB transactions to Quicken which recognizes CNB as a partner. CNB is different from other institutions we deal with in that it requires: 1. Customer ID, 2. User Name, 3. Login Password, and 4. Transaction Password to conduct a transaction. When Q tries to connect to CNB to set up the account, I get through the User ID/User name and Password fine. Then Q says CNB wants an additional password. CNB rejects both my Transaction PW and Login PW. I have talked with the bank, and they say it should be either my Login or Transaction PW, that CNB has no Quicken-specific password. If anyone in the Community has a Quicken account with the Cayman National Bank(CNB), could you please tell me what worked for you as the "additional" password when you set up your Q account for CNB? Thanks.
Janet46

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Janet46,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further. 

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) when trying to connect that you could provide us with here, please? 

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Janet46
    Janet46 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for quick response Quicken Anja. 1. Version is R33.24, Build 27.1.33.24, Windows 10 Home. 2. I do not get a specific error code. Quicken is trying to set up an account at CNB. The first 3 inputs go fine, then Q tells me that CNB wants an additional password. There are 2 possibilities (Login or Transaction password.) On both, Q tells me that CNB rejects/does not recognize them and either to make sure they are correct (they are) or to go into my CNB account and change the passwords. As I said, the Bank told me it should be one of my 2 passwords, likely "Transaction."
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Janet46

Thank you for letting us know more about what exactly is happening.  In this case I would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They should be able to look over logs to figure out what exactly the FI is asking for when trying to connect. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you. 

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Janet46 said: On both, Q tells me that CNB rejects/does not recognize them ...
    You might mentioned if either of the passwords have special chars - and how long they might be ?
    Even though they work with the CNB online website - they might be limited within the Quicken software world.
    Just for ref - only Express Web Connect is avail for downloading protocol - which means there is a 3rd party download service that is a proxy - and might have the same issues attempting to connect with CNB.
    60666    60666    60666    Cayman National    http://www.caymannational.com/    NA    https://personalonline.caymannational.com/reb/rebcw/Controller.jpf    ACTIVE                  
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Janet46
    Janet46 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Francisco Thank you. Via Chat, Quicken Support's response to your suggestion was "We cannot do that . Because we are not the bank we don’t know what they are asking for

only your bank can give you that information." Have discussed with Bank. Have you any other suggestions?
  • Janet46
    Janet46 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ps56k2 - Thank you. No special characters. Shortest is 6, longest 8. But one thing I've never seen before is that when one enters the "Login PW", CNB generates a much longer string of gibberish, which seems to be the "real"
    PW.