Chase bill payment not working

So today I had a scheduled QuickPay payment on a Chase credit card.  That payment was set up weeks ago and today was the scheduled day.

Just before 2 pm I got an email that the payment had been cancelled because Chase requires a new one-time-code verification.

I realize that this requirement is coming from Chase and not from Quicken, but it's pretty unacceptable to only learn of this problem on the payment date.  If I'd been traveling or otherwise unavailable this afternoon, I could easily have missed seeing that email until tomorrow (or something) and by that point, my payment would be late.  There's got to be some way for Quicken to figure this out in advance and alert the user.

Secondly, when I try to create a new payment to replace the cancelled one, I'm prompted to update my login info, but Quicken then goes into a lengthy "loading" period and eventually times out.  I tried 5+ times and it never allowed me to proceed.  Eventually I gave up and logged onto Chase's web site and made the payment that way.

Is something going on with Quicken's payment processing servers?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave in SF, 

Thank you for reaching out on Quicken Community, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. At the moment there is no open alert or known issue occurring with processing payment to Chase using Quicken Bill Manager. If a one-time verification code is still needed to for authentication, then I strongly suggest to contact your financial institution for further assistance. 

You may also try to remove the online biller and re-add it to see if that will allow the one-time verification code to come through. 
    To remove an online biller select Settings (gear icon, top right) >Manage online biller(s) >Remove. 

Hope this is helpful, let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • gayblazejr
    gayblazejr Member ✭✭✭
    I ran into this problem also. This is a Quicken issue, not a Chase one. When I signed onto Chase they did NOT require a one-time verification. When I clicked on "go to biller website" from within quicken it took me to a no-longer-used web page. Chat CSR said they are aware of the problem and will fix it "as soon as possible". Every month it is something. More and more I'm signing up for auto-debit billing to avoid the unreliable Quicken Bill
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @gayblazejr

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. I've tried something on our end to see if we're able to get your bill in sync with your file. If you could validate the biller one more time here and see if the bill comes in properly. It may also take 24 hours in order to update as well. Once you've had the chance let us know if the bill does come in.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• I am also having similar issues. I keep trying to refresh the bill and enter the requested code from Chase, but no luck.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @George Garr,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in June 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.