American Express Error OL-293-A

2»

Answers

• MikeJS
    MikeJS Member ✭✭
    > @bobandsherry82 said:
    > Anyone else getting an error code OL-293-A for the American Express account update?

I have the same issue this morning - was ok yesterday now states Error recovery
  • MikeJS
    MikeJS Member ✭✭
    amerian express update issue OL-293-A all morning worked yesterday when update run states error recovery then the OL-293-A
  • jghughes3
    jghughes3 Member ✭✭✭
    Add my name to the list. It's been happening on and off for over a week now.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning Community.  Please allow me to join the chorus...OL-293-A Error on AMEX.  No problems until this morning.  I'd like to hear community thoughts on the following: Will deactivate/activate solve the problem?  It's not clear from the thread and I'd prefer not to give up on Direct Connect.  I'm running the latest Q Premier update on Windows.
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Update- I also tried the Deactivate/Activate route. After hanging on "Looking for Accounts at American Express" and getting OL-293-A there too with "unexpected information received" I continued and two AMEX accounts were found, one old account and the current active one. I selected to ignore the old account and link to the current account and the account successfully updated.

Quicken Subscription Deluxe Version R54.16 Build 27.1.54.16
    Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.2538

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    I resolved this by deactivating Online Services (for each AMEX account, I have several on same login), closing Quicken, restarting Quicken, and then reactivating online services (for given login, this activates all associated accounts). PITA. May be related to a supplemental account I have that is associated with two different logins ... don't really know. But, all is well now that I've deactivated and reactivated online services.

Navigation: "Edit/Delete Account > Online Services > Deactivate"
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are aware and are further investigating this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bobandsherry82
    bobandsherry82 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I did the deactivate/activate for both of my usernames. Both failed first time. I did "try again" and it added accounts again for one username, allowed me to link and then updated accounts.

The second username Q showed accounts and allowed to link them, but then was stuck on updating. I had to terminate the process (using Task Manager). Saw accounts were now set-up for "online", updated no problems.

So 2 for 2 with a little hiccup - Will see how this goes tomorrow.

Just for fun, I went to do an One Step update after "fixing" my AMEX accounts, it failed with "an error occurred".

I see Support now has this on their issues log so hopefully gets fixed soon.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to reiterate, even though it's working after Deactivate/Activate, all is not correct - that converts your connection to Express Web Connect a much slower protocol than the normal DirectConnect. DirectConnect must be broken. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Don Awalt

Thanks Don.  Based on your input I'm going to hold off the Deactivate/Activate action.  I'm spoiled when it comes to Direct Connect and if I don't have to use Express Web Connect I'm not going to.  In the meantime lets hope someone fixes this problem.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    @artg Please let us know if it starts working. I suspect once it is, I will be able to switch back to DirectConnect - you are correct that is much better! At least I can get my transactions, albeit slowly, for now.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Don Awalt
    Don:

I suspect (hope) that once Direct Connect starts working we'll get some type of posting from a Quicken moderator..."hope" is the operative term.

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Q Community: I don't what happened but I just tried an AMEX update and it worked perfectly.  I really don't know how or why but I'm pleased.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    @artg me too! It let me "improve my connection", and then it worked. Just to be sure I exited quicken, re entered, and the did One Step Update on Amex. It worked fine! Thanks for the news.
  • EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    Now working for me, too.
  • bobandsherry82
    bobandsherry82 Member ✭✭✭
    OP here - worked for me as well, both of my usernames. Each is shown as "direct connect".
  • Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    After being unable to reset connection for days, TODAY July 1 I was able to reestablish Direct Connect!
  • News-Flash
    News-Flash Member
    I received the OL-293-A error with American Express today Jul 6, but all was fine 2 days ago.
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Exactly the same experience here today. Problem report sent.

Quicken Subscription Deluxe Version R54.16 Build 27.1.54.16
    Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.2538

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Appears there is an American Express OL-293 Error. Cannot download AMEX transactions
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Appears there are American Express OL-293, OL-294, and OL-297 errors this morning, July 6, 2021. Currently cannot download AMEX transactions. Appears to be a similar issue from last month (maybe?). Most likely will wait to try again tomorrow.
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dalehawaii,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are aware and are further investigating this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.