Duplicate USAA Transactions

Comments

• Chuckco
    Chuckco Member ✭✭
    If it gives you any comfort--or not--I recently received a notice from USAA indicating my credit card provider rejected the automatic payment of my USAA insurance premium. Turns out my credit card provider is USAA! When re-instantiating the automatic payment in place for many years, USAA indicated IT was updating the payment system and must have messed something up. Lets hope they can resolve the long standing duplicate download issue without screwing something else up.
    Thanks for the update LIB
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I am done using my USAA cards. This has become a nightmare. Some items downloaded in triplicate today, and the balance is way off between Quicken and USAA. It takes more time to use Quicken and USAA than it does to manually reconcile. Easiest solution is to just get another Visa card, and move on. I pay the bill several times a month - just don't like using the ATM because credit cards give more protection legally if they get compromised.
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    FWIW - today was the first day I did not get duplicate credit card transactions downloaded. I did have one new non-duplicate transaction. Fingers crossed the problem has finally been fixed.

Note - my experience has been when the online balance does not matched the cleared register balance, that there is a duplicate transaction in the register. They can be tricky to find as the dates will be different and the transaction amount may be similar to other transactions.
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Spoke too soon - a bunch of duplicates today.
  • Chuckco
    Chuckco Member ✭✭
    Maybe this is USSA's way of driving everyone away from their credit card like they did with other financial services
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    > @Chuckco said:
    > Maybe this is USSA's way of driving everyone away from their credit card like they did with other financial services

I suspect the number of members who use desktop financial software has dramatically dropped over the years. I'm actually quite surprised and pleased that USAA still offers downloads.
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    I hope a fix comes at some point. Still getting duplicates here.
  • Chuckco
    Chuckco Member ✭✭
    Same here. Very annoying. Went back to express web connect for time being and putting with two factor Auth prompts.
  • jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    Has Quicken mentioned any updates from their side? From this notice back in March they reference they are working with USAA to correct.

https://www.quicken.com/support/resolution-duplicate-transaction-issue
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jtgostars said:
    Has Quicken mentioned any updates from their side? From this notice back in March they reference they are working with USAA to correct.

https://www.quicken.com/support/resolution-duplicate-transaction-issue
    Why would Quicken Inc mention any updates when the problem lies with what USAA is doing?

If USAA fixed the problem it would hardly matter if Quicken Inc announced it since everyone affected would know on their next download.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • David Stempnakowski
    David Stempnakowski Member ✭✭✭
    I've been having this for months, but only with credit cards. Every other USAA account works fine, as long as it's not a CC. I have never received a response from USAA. I think this is totally their problem because all duplicate transactions have different transaction IDs.
  • Steve22
    Steve22 Member ✭✭
    Is this a Quicken or USAA problem???? I am exasperated with having to sort through downloaded transactions to determine if it new or a duplicate!!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Steve22 said:
    Is this a Quicken or USAA problem???? I am exasperated with having to sort through downloaded transactions to determine if it new or a duplicate!!
    USAA they are sending duplicate transactions with different unique Ids.  Quicken uses the unique Id to determine if it has already imported that transaction or not.
    Signature:
  • Carol Dungan
    Carol Dungan Member ✭✭
    This is still happening, but only on my credit card. Banking accounts don't do this. So tiredof the fingerpointing btw USAA and Quicken. All I know is I pay quicken to be accurate and it's not.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening, but only on my credit card. Banking accounts don't do this. So tiredof the fingerpointing btw USAA and Quicken. All I know is I pay quicken to be accurate and it's not.
    Quicken can't make up data, and Quicken Inc can't dictate to a financial institution to get something fixed.
    You can complain all you want about what you have paid for, but that won't change the situation.
    Signature:
  • jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    It now looks as though we are getting triplicates for USAA Credit Card transactions. And while this may not be a Quicken problem directly they certainly can be the voice for what I am sure is thousands of their "customers" and if they have any interest in getting those people to renew their subscription I have no doubts they could apply pressure to USAA to fix it, more than we all can as individual customers of USAA. We are certainly more likely to switch finance software then we are to drop a credit card

Important FYI - I have been running [other programs] in parallel to Quicken for the last couple of months and guess what? no duplicate transactions are being recorded by either one of those platforms. So it seems there is a solution Quicken should be able to implement if those 2 have found a way around the problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    jtgostars said:
    Important FYI - I have been running [other programs] in parallel to Quicken for the last couple of months and guess what? no duplicate transactions are being recorded by either one of those platforms. So it seems there is a solution Quicken should be able to implement if those 2 have found a way around the problem.
    Both of these use a different "aggregator"/download system.  Quicken can not change either its aggregator "Intuit/Express Web Connect" or its download method that connects directly (Direct Connect).
    Signature:
  • Frank2
    Frank2 Member ✭✭
    This issue with duplicate transactions has gone on long enough. Can anyone from Quicken address the issue in an intelligent manner and specifically relay if a technical fix or update is in the works?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frank2 said:
    This issue with duplicate transactions has gone on long enough. Can anyone from Quicken address the issue in an intelligent manner and specifically relay if a technical fix or update is in the works?
    It has been stated many times.  This is a USAA problem, Quicken Inc can't do anything about it.  Complain to USAA.
    Signature:
  • Chuckco
    Chuckco Member ✭✭
    Agree with Chris_QPW ... I'm venturing to guess USAA has no desire to fix the problem and is part of their overall strategy to get out of the financial business and focus on insurance. Otherwise they would have listened to their Customer base a long time ago and fixed the problem. Too bad. I've been a USAA Customer for over 40 years and it's not the same company it used to be. Still like their 2.5% cash back on the Visa card however ... only reason I'm still with them.
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    Hello!! I have not received duplicates in my USAA CC account. Could this be real? -Eduardo
  • Kris Kringle
    Kris Kringle Member ✭✭
    > @EMacUSCom said:
    > Hello!! I have not received duplicates in my USAA CC account. Could this be real? -Eduardo

Yes, it is real. You must be a lucky person not to be receiving duplicates. Many of us have them every…single….day….for….months. We are over it.
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    > @Kris Kringle said:
    > > @EMacUSCom said:
    > > Hello!! I have not received duplicates in my USAA CC account. Could this be real? -Eduardo
    >
    > Yes, it is real. You must be a lucky person not to be receiving duplicates. Many of us have them every…single….day….for….months. We are over it.
    >
    >

Maybe they are starting to fix it. I had been getting duplicates for months. I'm crossing fingers that it finally stopped. Hope your accounts stop duplicates soon.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Note I just saw this comment in a Mac thread that people should read (and a few just before it), it looks promising :
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20196556/#Comment_20196556
    Signature:
  • deriter
    deriter Member ✭✭✭
    The issues that buzzard192 describes in the Mac thread Chris_QPW referenced are also occurring in Windows. There seem to be fewer duplicate transactions but some transactions are missing from downloads. Sometimes the missing transactions will download the next day, sometimes they have to be entered manually.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    I am still getting duplicate downloads. Been going on for months. Really hard to grasp the slow response.
  • radarchief75
    radarchief75 Member ✭✭
    So I went to twitter and tagged the CIO several times with the complaint. Their twitter person said "we're working on it" and said the fix is to delete the duplicate transactions. I kind of lost my stuff and told them it's not so much you all cannot fix it, but the fact that you 1. deny there is a problem 2. when you actually admit there's a problem, there's no update on progress. I had a call from the office of the CEO the end of July and they said the fix should be installed in Aug. She also said that if people wait 3 days, to download transactions, then their shouldn't be duplicates (which is not true). Here we are in the middle of aug and I still have the problem.
  • brian241
    brian241 Member ✭✭
    Going through the same thing
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    Is anyone attempting to resolve this? It's still going on and getting weird, USAA could not reconcile with Quicken unless I reconciled Pay Pal transactions that had not registered on USAA's website. I believe the latter is USAA's issue for sure. The duplicate transactions however, I don't know where to go with that.
  • Kris Kringle
    Kris Kringle Member ✭✭
    I have spoken with a USAA representative to the president regarding another issue (USAA declining a large charge for no reason - I had to call to find out why). I also asked about this issue. Supposedly, this was fixed for all charges starting 8/2, BUT the fix wasn’t implemented until 8/16????? I told him that made no sense. He couldn’t answer that one.

They are still trying to figure out why the charge was declined without me receiving a potential fraud notification so I could confirm the transaction. I had to get a 24-hr preauthorization for the charge in order for it to be processed. As 33 year members of USAA with excellent credit history and a very high limit, there was no valid reason to decline the charge without notice. Just another reason to shop for another card.
This discussion has been closed.